cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saposcol not running ? (shared memory not available).

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i am getting this problem (saposcol not running ? (shared memory not available.) in my dev system (HP-Unix / oracle 9.2.0/sap 4.7).

in OS06. it is showing all zero values.

the above message shows in bottom status bar, i have not found any dump also in st22 or sm21.

where i need to check shared memory ?

how to solve this problem with out down time ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

This OS coll with shared memory prob is due to incompatible kernal release. Check the Kernal version and apply if any correction mentioned in the OSS note.

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you stop saposcol you should use saposcol -k to stop or using os monitor. When u've stoped it by any other means you would find the problem.

When you stop saposcol and start it again this process will first check wether a shared memory still exists which it could use again.There is a necessity that we need to create a new shared memory. But still all the old process id's and work processes are connected still to the old shared memory.So deleting and creating a new shared memory also will not work.

Please check 628811 for correction instructions.

-Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi,

well, the error message is very clear: there is no saposcol process running on your SAP application server. saposcol collects performance data and writes them into shared memory, where the SAP kernel picks it up and displays them in OS06.

Log on as <sid>adm and check if saposcol is running: "ps -ef | grep saposcol".

If there is no saposcol process, start it with "saposcol" and check again with "ps -ef | grep saposcol" if it's running. After a minute you can refresh OS06, and you should see values.

Best Regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for reply . i done same. but it is saying saposcol not found.

i need more help

Thanks & regards,

swathi

0 Kudos

Hi,

- Log on to your SAP application server as user <sid>adm.

Check your environment. The output of "echo $PATH" should include something like "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run" or "/sapmnt/<SID>/exe". Same for "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH". If this is not the case, something's wrong with <sid>adm's environment.

- saposcol should be located in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run on the SAP application server. If it's not there, something is wrong with your installation.

In case saposcol is really missing you can always download the latest version from SAP Service Marketplace.

Best Regards,

Henning Sackewitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all..

my problem solved.

the problem is related user rights.

just login in root.

and type in \usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run

ls -l saposcol = user must have execute rights check. if not give rights.

ex: chmod 744 saposcol

then check in os06. u will find problem solved.

regards,

swathi

0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

the correct permissions for saposcol look like this:

-rwsx- 1 root sapsys 1256030 Aug 31 2006 saposcol

You achive this with by running these commands as root:

chmod 4710 saposcol
  chown root:sapsys saposcol

Best Regards,

Henning Sackwitz