cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

What types of Mapping Errors we can get in XI also how can we Test it. Suppose I need to raise an ALERT if Mapping fails. So how can I raise it. I am testing with SOAP client, now when I am destructuring the source message I am not able to test it because SOAP does not parse it. What mistake I will do in MM so that I can get an Mapping ALERT??

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Check this blog for Alerts,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2328. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Any mapping error or any other error in any stage in the mnapping execution will trigger the alert.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh I did ALERT configuration, but my questions is that how can I test, what should I do in Mapping Pragramme just to chek that Mapping Error.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Give Incorrect XML.

Take any of your scenarios and the source XML should be invalid XML and the mapping will error out in the Message Mapping stage.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Basic point is to make an error happen in XI. You can create an Error in XI in thousands of ways

Please close your earlier threads and if they are not answered please do update on what the problem in the answers is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I no that, But I am using SAOP client for testing. If I provide incorrect XML is not parsing, so can not getting any ALERT, because message is not reaching to XI

ALso I am working on ur previous answer, I need some more information to do that

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, make some changes to the mapping itself. Or delete the interface mapping from IR, activate the changes and then trigger the call from the SOAP, the message will error out with the call that interface mapping not found.

Give incorrect data to the Webservice, etc. Or use a HTTP Client istead of a SOAP client, there are so many eays to create a Error in XI.

Regards

Bhavesh