cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application URL Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when i deploy my Webdynpro application in browser and navigate from one page to another page ,then the total URL Address of the corresponding page is displayed in the address bar .

But when i run it inside portal, even though i navigate from one page to another

the detailed address of the corresponding page is not diaplayed .

It comes only as http://xxxxxx/portal.

How can i get the detailed URL address of the corresponding view in the portal also .

In my project there is a requirement like there should be a linker in the view and when user will click on the link , it will show the detailed URL address of the corresponding view .

Can anybody help out regarding how to do this .

Thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more solution. You can add application parameter for your iView, like:

app.iviewUrl=<IView.ID[url_ENCODE]>

in your WD application (in coresponding interface view) add parameter iviewUrl in which you will get iViews URL on runtime.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

You can get it like

String url = WDURLGenerator.getAbsoluteWebResourceURL(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart())

or

WDURLGenerator.getAbsoluteWebResourceURL(wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart())

Regards,

Naga

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you know the application name then you can retrieve the URL as:

WDDeployableObjectPart deployableObjectPart = wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart();

String urlappl = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(deployableObjectPart);

or for application resource URL(but this may be deprecated)

String urlappl = WDURLGenerator.getAbsoluteWebResourceURL(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart());

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolute nonsense.

This is a method to generate application URL (probably with parameters), but no to extract parameters of currently running application.

VS

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

wont this will help to get URL of current application ?

String urlappl = WDURLGenerator.getAbsoluteWebResourceURL(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart());

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

Try your code with any WD application that accepts parameters, like

http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/MyApp?vendor=SomeVendor&model=SomeModel

and you will answer your question yourself.

Btw, besides parameters you will not get protocol, host and port in generated URL.

VS

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ooohhh...okay so that is ..

but i checked the code :

it gives the complete URL including host too..or does this miss some important information..

is there any other better solution for this, i think there can be?

regards