cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM/APO - Livecache client copies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basis team have been asked to do a client copy (refresh) from

production for ECC, CRM, BW & SCM. I know how to perform the client copybut am not aware of what post processing has to happen with LC(Maxdb).

Does this have to be refreshed??? Please provide location of

documentation to perform this. I stress this is not a system copy but a

client copy.

Thanks & Regards,

Frank Magliozzi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer message number is : 0000382474.

Thanks,

Frank Magliozzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I asked Teiky to contact you via phone to discuss this kind of question. I do not know what's exactly to be done to get the SCM and the liveCache consistent again after the client copy. It could be that you have to intilize the liveCache on the new system to get SCM and liveCache consistent again and reload the data from R/3-System again. But may be there are other possibilities to get SCM and liveCache consistentv my be unload and reload the data form liveCache into APO and back. This should be answered by the colleagues in the custoemr call.

Regards, Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

I spoke with my LCA colleagues about client copy.

Teiky added note <a href="//help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/69/c24c5b4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm">//help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/69/c24c5b4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm</a>

But take care this procedure can only be used if you start a client copy in the same SCM System. It cannot be used to copy a client from SCM System a to SCM System B.

So the client copy from SCM system A to another system is not as easy as described in the note. I will forward now you call to the colleagues of BC-DB-LCA to discuss the possibilities in detail.

Regards, Christiane Hienger

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is only useful for the SCM client copy part. What needs to happen to the LC/MaxDB consistency with the SCM system.

Frank Magliozzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

that procedure described in the document affects the liveCache as well.

I already forwarded your customer call to my development colleagues. They will contact you directly via the call number to discuss how to execute a client copy in SCM and liveCache. But we won't do it in SDN forum, because it is too complex.

Regards, Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Thanks for the feedback. I can't see references to Livecache in the document and our situtation will be a client copy from production SCM to QA.

Thanks,

Frank Magliozzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

with the client copy the table DBCON will be copied tio the QA System. In the table DBCON the connection data is stored to the productive liveCache.

The problem is that with the client copy process data will be deleted in the liveCache - and because of the DBCON entries it can happne that the productive data will be deleted. Therefore you should not use the client copy process without contacting the experts of SAP. They will discuss with you the possiblities of client Copy from productive to QA system. But this will be done with the official customer call.

I only want to tell you , that you should not start the clientcopy without having contact to the colleagues in call 382474.

Regards, Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've raised a customer message but only to be told that it is consulting. I don't believe this is consulting. I need to be referred to documentation on how to perform this. I've found another person asking about a related problem to do with function modules mentioned in SAP note 894490:

Therefore the 3 function modules

/SAPAPO/OM_CLNT_COPY_DOWNLOAD

/SAPAPO/OM_CLNT_COPY_RFC

SAPAPO/OM_CLNT_COPY_UPLOAD

are provided. Unfortunately I could not find any documentation!

So I have several questions. Could someone please tell me

1. which FM of the 3 mentioned FMs do I need to execute? Or rather which combination of FMs do I need to execute? Which FM has which function / meaning?

2. what is the meaning of the given parameters and how do I need to fill them?

RFCDEST; CC_SOURCECLIENT; TEST; CLII; APPL; MODUS; RUNS_IN_SOURCE

3. how does the client copy work? do i need to make a "normal" client copy with profile SAP_ALL first and afterwards use the FMs to copy the transactional data?

Thanks in advance !

Regards, Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

can you please tell me the call number. I will contact the colleagues. Such kind of questions has to be processed in the customer message system, because several teams are involved into this question/answer.

I agree with you that there must be an official documented way to do the client copy. Let's find it out with the customer call.

Regards, Christiane Hienger

liveCache Development Support

SAP AG

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are running SCM system => you are the SAP customer.

I think the best way in your case to create the OSS message to the component 'BC-DB-LCA' or 'BC-CTS-CCO' where the posted question could be discussed in more details.

It will be helpful to have additional information from you:

-> What version of SCM systems are you running - SCM 4.0 or SCM 4.1 or SCM 5.0?

What SCM SP do you have on your systems?

-> What are the liveCache/LCA version/build do you have on your systems?

-> Are you going to 'refresh' the liveCache relevant client?

-> Please review the SAP notes 489690, 894490 & 886103.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SCM Version is SCM 5.0.

SCM SP level 7

LiveCache/LCA Version/build 7.6.01 Build 5.

I'm looking at refreshing the SCM client. How do I refresh the LC (MAXDB) client?

Please assist further.

Thanks,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

this question is too complex to answer without having detailed information about the system environment. So please, open an customer call at SAP with the additional information Nathalia requested.

Thanks,

Christiane Hienger