Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to turn off the persistence of a Asynchronous message

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in design of an interface, this interface reads the huge files everyday(cumilative size of all the files is more than 200MB) and moves to SRM proxy. Since the file adapter is involved, this interface is going to be a Asynchronous Interface, which means the message will be persisted in the Database and this database tablespace will be filled soon after go live or will be getting "out of tablespace".

Now I am wondering is there any way we can turn off persistence of this huge message payload?? (if required I am ok using MOD or any enahcement on ABAP/JAVA)

Thanks In advance for your help,

Laxman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxman,

One option ~ in SXMB_ADM remove all tracing and loggin parameters and check if the messages are logged in MONI.

But, this can also mean that yiou might not be able to restart messages etc.

Regards

Bhavesh

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh,

We have 20 other interfaces which needs tracing and logging, your answer is kind of intersting but this is not an option.

Thanks,

Laxman

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know I knew this question would pop up

Apart from this I am not aware of an option . But lets hope someone does have an idea.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxman,

One option,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/49543b1e49bc1fe10000000a114084/content.htm

+Set logging in the message header. This means that this message is logged even if logging is deactivated explicitly in the configuration. The logging information is part of the message header:

¡ <SAP:Logging>1</SAP:Logging>

Activates logging explicitly.

¡ <SAP:Logging>0</SAP:Logging>

Deactivates logging explicitly.+

Check this thread on how this can be achieved,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>persisted in the Database and this database tablespace will be filled soon after go live

which database ur talking about? for File adapter u dont need any database

thanx

ahmad