cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle universal installer 10.1g oracle aborts on windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The problem I am facing is that during the installation of oracle 10.1g which i need as pre-req for the NW04S installation, I find that the OUI 10.1 g aborts in the very initial phase. I have installed the latest jre 5.0 and provided the java_home . And when I click on sapserver.cmd in the Oracle../NT/I386... path, I get the message,

-

Using paramFile: G:\SAP Netweaver software\SAP-Software\NetWeaver2004s\51031228_1Oracle10.1NTI386\DVD_ORACLE_RDBMS_10.1_NTI386___NTIA64\NT\I386\install\oraparam.ini

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be 4.0, 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. Actual 5.2

Passed

Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors. Actual 4294967296 Passed

All installer requirements met.

Preparing to launch Oracle universal installer from

c:\douments and settings\administrator\localsetting\temp\orainstall2007... Please wait...

After a few seconds the dos screen quits.

Would appreciate any help on how to get over this....

regards, Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not install 10.1 (10gR1). This is no longer supported by SAP. You should install 10.2 (10gR2) instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use the dos prompt to install with this command, 'setup.exe -ignoreSysPrereqs' and also setup.exe -help.

Check note 833766. This is a common issue with the database version itself and its possible to install it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subbiah,

I had tried 'setup.exe -ignoreSysPrereqs' before I posted my query. Did not help but what you point out is relevant. 6 to u ...:-) Thanks.

Maurice,

I got oracle 10.2. This installed without glitches. 10 to you.

Thanks.

Answers (0)