cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have configured the sender mail adapter to receive attachments (.txt or .csv) using the PayloadSwapBean. Our next step is to save the attachment to a file. We don't want to do any mapping, just save the file. Is it possible? How?

Waiting for a response

Regards

Salil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thanks for the reply. When you say standard configuration, how does one do that? I asked the same question a couple of days ago as well but it seems I'm missing a basic step.

Would be helpful if you could let us know.

Thanks a lot

Salil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

u have to do it like a File to File scenario,only difference u can download the standard mail package from marketplace and import tha as an XSD in IR and use that as sender MT.

then do message mapping and interface mapping,and in ID configure a sender Mail adapter and receiver File adapter.

infact u might be able to do this scenario withour any IR objects,have a look at the following

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

u just need to do mail to file instead of File to file.

i frankly never tried without IR but i dont see any reason why u should not be able to achieve this without IR

try it and let ur know if u hit any roadblocks

thanx

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salil,

As you do not have any mapping, all you would be doing is a Mail to File Scenario without the Interface mapping,

Your datatypes can be a dummy datatype as you do not have any mapping.\

If you use the PayloadSwapBean and are able to swap the attachment all you do is the configuration in the ID and things will work as expected.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Bhavesh

Gud morning:) i have a small question here,if i m not wrong we can import the mail package from marketplace under any namespace,not necessarily the one which SAP recommends,then whats the difference between importing under our own namespace or creating a new one as per SAP guidelines and importing in that?

thanx

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I got you.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i mean to say that since we dont necessarily have to create a namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30 and import the mail package there,we can also import the sender mail package under any namespace,right?

then what difference ,if any, does it makes in between the two cases?

thanx

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not at all needed.

You can improt this XSD into any namespace in any SWCV.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx ,

regards

Ahmad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos