cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Customized roles in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing problem in copying standard roles to customized roles. I am not able to use the customized roles in XI system for Dialog users. I am not sure why I am not able to use the standardized roles in XI. Is it because SAP doesn't support customized roles in XI or would there be any other reason? And can I customize roles for Service users as well or its not possible.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey farooq,

this is how we did it in our system..created custom composite role which includes SAP standard roles.

eg. Z_DEVELOPER includes SAP_XI_DEVELOPER/CONFIGURATOR

Z_ADMIN includes SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR etc

Z_USER includes SAP_XI_MONITOR & SAP_XI_DISPLAY_USER

and use only these roles for dialog users. For service users we used std SAP roles. You dont need to copy the SAP roles but group them according to ur needs.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response Praveen,

But I need to use customized roles in customized composite role. Thats it my requirement. Sorry not to mention before. I tried copying them from standard roles, but they are not working.

Regards,

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

farooq,

why do you need to copy the standard SAP simple roles into custom simple roles? These roles are anyway present in each enviornment DEV, QA & Prod.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I need to copy standard roles into customized roles for 2 different reasons.

1) I need to have roles in the standard format according to my company policies.

2) For future extension we have to have customized roles rather than standard roles in place.

Regards,

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

farooq,

you can still have your company standards applied for custom composite roles. Even if you copy standard roles to custom simple roles, you will still depend on std roles.

I dint quite understand future extension...but..for future extensions..since these are std roles...these will be retained in next versions too...even if they change...you can adjust the definition of ur custom composite roles...

anyways...fi you still want to copy std roles to custom roles....whats the exact error u are getting..

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi praveen,

I am facing the same problem. In my company i copied sap_xi_config*j2ee in to customized role. But it is not working properly. While assigning the std role the user was able to login to the XI home page (Java stack). But when i assigned the customized role it shows "there is no authorization". Plz guide me what to do...