cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC - Chart View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an output table in VC. Two columns in this table have a series of 1's and 0's. I want to use these columns to create a chart which is populated by the 1's only. Any advice how I can achieve this?

Thanks

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marshall,

I do not think you can do it using VC.

If this data is coming from a query in BI you can model this there. Create rows for One and Zeros (selection in a structure) and count the number of occurances in columns. Now you have two values that will plotted in Pie chart - Ones and Zeros and thier count.

point is, you have to model it in the source system.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me be even more clear, I'm sorry for not knowing what I'm asking!

Ok so say I have a table with 4 columns.

Column 1 is a persons name, Column 2 is a PO number, column 3 is PO not expired, and column 4 is PO expired. So if there is a 1 in column 3, column 4 will have a 0 and vice versa.

Now what I want to do is for for every person, in column one, show in a chart in either pie or bar format, the amount of expired PO's vs. non expired PO's.

Possible in VC or not?

The same name can occur in column 1 for several rows. This info is coming thru a BI query.

Thanks

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible i guess.

From the datasource, add a sigma operator (aggregate data) and in sigma, use the count.

Plot the count output of sigma operator in your chart's data series.

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marshall,

Will you please explain more what you want? Sounds stupid but add 10 to 0's it will be 1's.

Please let us know more and the intent too.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for ambiguity!

Ok, I have two numeric value columns like so:

column 1 | column 2

-

0 1

1 1

0 1

0 0

What I want to do is create a pie chart out of the 2 columns where it will show how many 1's or 0's occurences there are (a collection of just 1's or 0's). Currently the pie chart is showing every occurence of a 1 or 0 so i got like 100 different colors in each pie chart! Is this more clear?

Thanks

MM

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

What about filter operation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/71/f06a6a976542439c6376d3647dd03d/frameset.htm ?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.