cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i need to install visual studio 7.0 to work with sap.net connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to develop a application which will connect sap and .net. i installed visual studio 6.0 and when double clicked setup file of sap.net connector 2.0 ,it is

giving a message " You must install the Visaul studio.net 7.0 integrated develepment Environment(IDE).

PLZ HELP ME, THIS HAS STOPPED ALL MY WORK ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the sap .net connector is a .NET connector. .NET development is done with Visual Studio 2003 (VS7) and not VS6.

So...

Yes, you need to install VS7.

If you don't want to use .NET, there are other connectivity solutions available - DCOM connector for C/C++, JCO for Java etc'. Note that the DCOM connector is being replaced by the .NET connector and will eventually be un-supported.

Regards,

Ofer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How should i pass the table information from sap to java.

and how to process the data of a table in the java program. i had seen the examples of JCO. BUT I IS VERY CONFUSING (BCOZ I DON'T KNOW JAVA).

PLZ IF U DON'T MIND SEND ME CODE SNIPPET TO

1.GET THE TABLE INTO THE JAVA PROGRAM

2.PROCESSING THE TABLE INFORMATION IN JAVA PROGRAM

3.MODIFYING THE TABLE INFORMATION IN JAVA PROGRAM

4.SENDING BACK THE TABLE TO SAP FROM JAVA PROGRAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Baba,

If you don't know Java you shouldn't use Java or JCO. I'm afraid it's beyond the scope of any forum to teach you Java.

If you know .NET you should install VS7 (Visual Studio 2003) and work with .NET connector. There is a lot of integrated help in Visual Studio when you install the .NET connector.

If you can't install VS7 for some reason, and you know how to write in C or C++, you can use DCOM connector.

If you can't do any of these things... I'm afraid I don't know how to help you.

Regards,

Ofer