cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in importing WebDynpro application to NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to customise an iview. These are the information i have -

1. platform of this ivew is WDJ.

2. got codelink of the iview -com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.webdynpro

3. got the corresponding par file.

4. In the business package document, it says a folder name as the data source of this iview. i traced the folder of it.

now how do i move forward?

1. When i imported the par file, it opened in the package explorer as a portal application project, but could not find any source code. How do i open it in WebDynpro perspective?

2. how do i import all these (data source + par file) into NWDS so that i can view the code in the WebDynpro perspective...

I am already tired of searching the entire SDN. Can some one help out to explain the steps in simple terms for me to move forward. I am in the process of learning this (portal customisation through WebDynpro Java).. kindly help :).

I am just trying out in the test system.hence decided not to use JDI.

Thanks in Advance,

Anto.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if its on local machine try to look for .project file.

you can import this file and can see it in Webdynpro perspective.

but as you mentioned its here com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.webdynpro

then switch to "Development configuration perspective" and import required configuration then you will be able to see the DCs in Inactive DCs block.

further selecting the considered DC you have to first synchronize then create project by right clicking the dc and selecting Create Project.

after this shift to WebDynpro perspective and you can see your DC there.

Regards, Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amol,

I havent configured NWDI. I tried importing the local development configuration file, but received an error saying -> configuration file is invalid, Initializing failed.

Can you please explain to me -> what does how do i integrate the data source files with the integrator file.

All valuable sugestions are appreciated. please post the links or send across any docs if you have any.

Rgds,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

As you mentioned WebDynpro application then there should be .EAR file not .PAR

and the procedure i gave you earlier is not applicable for .PAR (Portal Archieve)

for this please follow the following method.

if you want to test the application directly, login in to the portal and navigate to system administrator -> support -> portal runtime -> administration console and import the .par file and then create a new iview in portal content and select par file name and you can see the application.

if you want to see the code, import the .par file in EP Perspective and if it is a JSP Dynpro application, you can find the code in <b>\dist\PORTAL-INF\pagelet</b> folder.

Also <b>you can not see the PAR in WebDynpro perspective</b> you can only open it in EP Perspective.

hope now i got the right procedure for you. As per your Subject line, i quickly posted you the procedure to import webdynpro application to NWDS but in your case you are dealing with portal project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol,

I was able to view the ivew by creating a custom iveiw from the par file. (eventhough i have the same as a standard iview). When i created, I gave the namespace and Application name as provided in the business packege document (data source).

I imported the par file in the EP perspective, i couldnt see the source file for the application. as it is the par file for the appintegrator. I would like to know how do i see the application in the NWDS. I searched for a .project file in the datasource, but couldn't find any.

Kindly help.

Rgds,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Please clarify whether it is a Portal application or WebDynpro application in Portal ?

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its part of XRPM4.0 package. Hence the iviews are of WebDynpro application. NOw i searched for ear files, but couldnt find any. (searched in the entire structure)..

Any pointers on how can i customise these iviews...

Rgds,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing thisa thread as SAP does not provide the java source code for the same. It only supports customizations through IMG and BADi's along with attacching the customised applications.