Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete workspacefolder from DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

This post is alrady availble elsewhere

i am posting it here again,if you follow the suggestion given by Nick Entin. i.e.

Windows Explorer -> My NetWork Places ->Add a network Place ->http://<server>:port/dtr->UserName,Password,-> I am able to See the WS Folders but if try to delete the same i am getting an error message. Unable to delete particular folder. What may be the reason is there any alternative methods to delete WS,WS folders from DTR..

Thanks in advance.

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also delete workspaces from the DTR command line client. Locate the dtrshell.bat file in your NWDS install and then run the deleteworkspace command (use help to get the parameters).

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After following all you mentioned

and

>deleteworkspace -w "//Krishna/Rama/Suresh/dev/" i am getting the following error

Could not delete workspaceConflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:cannot-delet

e-wsp-repository-name-not-set]

>

what may be the reason

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try going to http://<server>:<port>/dtr/system-tools/administration/RepositoryConfig and setting the display name there. I'm not exactly sure why, but that seems to be required for some DTR operations.

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

your suggestion is not helpfull,i am in command promt of dtrshell.bat,but unable to delete workspace,workspace folder. even after giving the following command.

>deleteworkspace "//Krishna/example_componenet/dev/inactive/"

-RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the error message? Same as before?

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Exactly Same Error,

I deleted all subfolders, in a workspace,now if try to delete from command promt,same error,but help.sap.com says we can delete from command promt (both workspace as well as workspace folder)

i have given ACL full grant for dovelopers (read, write,modify)

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.

The deleteworkspace deletes workspace but not workspace folders. Anyone found a solution for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it using WebDav!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

deleting workspace is ok,

how to delete folders and files in workspace.

I did check in a file to repository (this file resides in workspace folder) again i edited this file again i did

check-in,Now i want to delete this file how can we do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You asked this question in another topic, it's better to not cross-post questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted this on May 16, 2005 11:35 PM , Roy responded this today, let him also know and respond to this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

the url mentioned earlier does not work.

I am trying to find how it has been resolved.

Looking at this thread (my search got me here): Cross-topics, that would have helped me at this point.

Cheers

Answers (0)