cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Requirements transfer - Population of table V_T160EX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to populate table V_T160EX with "*" so the system takes all possible values?

Let's say I want to transfer from R/3 to SRM all requisitions created with material group "ABC". Can I do the Following?

Material Group = ABC

Purchase Group = *

Profile = 01

Or do I need to specify each and every Purchasing Group for that specific material group?

I appreciate any help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<u>I recommend you better to specify each and every material group. This will take some more time, but you will be sure that you haven't missed any thing important related to system configuration.</u>

<b><u>Other related links to see -></u></b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul!

Thanks for your quick response. I actually do not want to put the "*" simbol on the material groups, but on the "purchase group" column.

When you are talking about almost 400 material groups and more than 70 purchase groups, the yield would be more than 20,000 lines.

I really don't see any important issue related to configuration if I do it this way (besides maybe forget configuring a purchasing group in R/3 or SRM?), so I don't see the risk.

So, back to my question... Is this possible or not?, will the wild card work?

I am using SRM 5.0 (with EBP Server 5.5) connected to a SAP ERP_2.0 backend system.

Regards,

former_member231528
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I think the system does not allow you to set the 'pur group' with '*', becanse the value you put here must be in the talbe 'T024'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul. This just means more work =/. Oh well...

I have awarded points for your help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in table T160EX field material group can be filled with a pattern, for instance: 02*.

But purchasing group must exist in T024 and no pattern is possible.

You can see that in fm BBP_EPROFILE_GET. In routine get_eprofile, searching procedure is::

- first it looks for material group as it was entered in purchase requisition

- if nothing was found, it tries again replacing characters with * from the end to position 1 in material group.

Regards.

Teresa

Answers (0)