cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite Logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I am currently not able to logon to the DEV system from SolMan after setting an urgent request to "In development". If I use the transaction SM59, I am able to logon to the system through the RFC ABAP Connection. But I am not able to do so through the logon action from the change document nor through the task list of the urgent correction. On both I get the same error. While trying to logon I get an "Information" text box that says "Logon of user XXX to system XXX on $DATE at $TIME failed"

And when checking the error in the tasklist I see system logon with a red light and:

Job Status: Processing completed, but has errors

Program name: /TMWFLOW/SCMA_RSRLOGIN

Application: CMS-CV

I'd really appreciate any ideas,

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

smsy->select your satellite system- under System

Choose it and go to Client tabs

For 000 and the development client click on Check RFC destination, all light should be green.

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Dolores,

for 000 I got all green

for Dev I got a new session with logon screen, when I log on it goes back to display logs where I have 4 errors:

Error 1 RFC connection SM_ASACLNT100_TRUSTED cannot be made (No authorization to log on as a trusted system (Trusted RC=0).)

Error 2 Function group SCCA cannot be called in RFC system SM_ASACLNT100_TRUSTED

Error 3 RFC connection SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN cannot be made (No RFC authorization for user TSTDESA ( SCCA ).)

Error 4 Function group SCCA cannot be called in RFC system SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

For error 1, Help text says

RC=0: Invalid logon data (user and client)for the trusting (target) System.

Solution: Create the user in the target system client.

But the user already exists, in fact I've logged on to the system using the same user.

In smsy, on the clients tab I have my dev client:

Client: 100

Name: Development

Role: Customizing

log. sys.: ASA_100

RFC Read Access: SM_ASACLNT100_READ

RFC for Change Manager: SM_ASACLNT100_TMW

Trusted system RFC: SM_ASACLNT100_TRUSTED

RFC for Solution Manager: SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN

When I double click on any of these RFC Connections, they open up in the Program SAPLCRFC (as when I chose them from transaction sm59) with 4 buttons at the top; "Remote Logon", "Connection Test", "Unicode Test", and the "Display <-> Change" buttons.

For all connections (SM_ASA*), the connection test throws logon results in milliseconds without errors similar to the results I posted earlier. But the "Remote Logon" button only works for SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN where I am able to logon to the system with the developer user id and password.

I don't understand where the problem is. Should I be able to use "Remote Logon" for all RFC Connections mentioned earlier? In particular SM_ASACLNT100_TMW which is the RFC for Change Manager?

Please help.

thanks,

Henry

Message was edited by:

Henry Strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I've looked into the matter and from what I understand, the RFC connection I need to logon from the change document is the RFC for Solution Manager which may be a trusted connection or a logon connection. In my case it would be a logon connection (SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN) which seems to be working when I logon from the Program SAPLCRFC using the "remote logon" button. But I'm not sure if this "remote logon" button es equivalent to using the SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN RFC connection.

best regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Please check if the user is haveing the Trusted RFC roles in both the SOLMAN and the satellite system.For the RFC read and Change Management,the logon should not be trusted.When you create RFC's from SMSY,they will generate 2 user and set them for read and Change Management.For the trusted RFC,Trsuted should be selected.

So check for the Trusted RFC roles in solman and satellite system.

Revert for Clarification.

Thanks and regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Avinash,

Which role should I add to the user in SolMan? Can I just add an authorization object? Does the authorization object S_RFC have anything to do with this?

Best regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

Yes,you need to have the S_RFC and S_RFCACL object assigned to the users.

Create a Role with this authorization object and check for the Login to satellite system.

Hope this will close the issue.

Revert for any clarification.

Thanks and regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering Avinash,

I have S_RFC activated as indicated in SAP note 881553. I don't have access to the target system so I can't set S_RFCACL, but I assume this should be correct since I am able to log on to the target system through solution manager, just not able to do it using the actions button on the change document for an urgent request.

Also the weirdest thing happened while completing an urgent request. As I chose the complete request from the actions button (and saved) a logon screen to my development system popped up automatically. Also when I imported to pruduction I got a logon screen for my PRD system. Should this be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My RFC for SolMan is SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN.

when I use SMSY and go to my target system I do a check on assigned RFC connection for my target system and I get errors for SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN.

On the other hand if I double click on SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN directly I get the SAPLCRFC program with the details of this RFC Destination with 4 buttons at the top;

1.-Remote Logon

2.-Connection Test

3.-Unicode Test

4.-Disply<->Change

Here, when I press the remote logon, I am able to log on to the target system. Should there be a difference between these two actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Henry,

1.When you do the RFC check from SMSY what error do you get?

2.When you double click the SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN ,it will take you to a screen,in that under Logon&Security tab what is the Logon Details you have?

3.When you generate RFC from the SMSY wizard,it will create RFCs with SM_<SID>CLNT<client no>_READ,SM_<SID>CLNT<client no>_TMW and SM_<SID>CLNT<client no>_TRUSTED.Can you please tell under whcih column SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN appears?

4.For the automatic opening of Dev system when you are performing Import to Production and withdrawn,please check if the BC set for SOLMAN is properly activated.

Please provide inputs which will help us in sorting the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

1. From SMSY I select my DEV system and on the clients tab I select my client then I press the "Check RFC Destinations" button. A smaller screen pops up with the title "Check Assigned RFC Destinations" along with all the info of my system, client, and connections. On this screen I press the "Check RFC Destinations" button and I get a logon screen to my DEV system. Here I enter user and password and then I get a Display logs screen with a log of green and red lights. Here I get all green except for my Trusted System RFC and RFC for Solution Manager Destinations. The errors are:

RFC connection SM_ASACLNT100_TRUSTED cannot be made (No authorization to log on as a trusted system (Trusted RC=0).)

Function group SCCA cannot be called in RFC system SM_ASACLNT100_TRUSTED

RFC connection SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN cannot be made (No RFC authorization for user TSTDESA ( SCCA ).)

Function group SCCA cannot be called in RFC system SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN

2. On Logon & Security tab I have:

Security Options -> Trusted System/Logon Screen Status: here I have Logon Screen with a check mark.

Security Options -> Status of Secure Protocol: this part I have all greyed out

Security Options -> Authorization for Destination: this is blank

Logon -> Language: blank

Logon -> Client: 100 (which is my client)

Logon -> User: greyed out

Logon -> PW Status: greyed out with the value "is initial"

3. SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN appears under RFC for Solution Manager column.

4. In BC Set Overall View I have:

BC Set Overview:

BC Set: SOLMAN40_CHARM_BASICFUNC_001

Changed On: 23.10.2006

Changed At: 12:17:21

Last Changed By: MVILLELLA

BC Set Type: BC Set with Direct Value Assignment

Category: Classical BC Set

Client-Dep: unbestimmt

Cascading: unbestimmt

Min. Release: 400

Max. Release: *

Component: ST

Master Language: DE

Overview of Variable Fields in BC Set:

No Variable Fields Exist

Thank you for your time and best regards,

Henry

Message was edited by:

Henry Strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

1.The error you are haveing with RFC is due to no haveing S_RFCACL.Please check withyour authorisation team and try to get that authorization.

2.For the trusted RFC in the logon data uncheck Logon Screen and Check current user.

Once you have done these 2 steps and exexute RFC check it should not ask for your password and all RFC checks should be in Green.

3.When we generate the RFC from SMSY tab for the Chanage Management the RFC will be created with SM_ASACLNT100_TMW,i am not sure how it was created with SM_ASACLNT100_LOGIN.Any way check with step 1 & 2.

4.For BC set it seems OK,but i have no idea my it opens dev system when you are moveing TPs to production.

Hope this information is helpful,

Revert back for any clarification.

Thnaks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your inputs Avinash and Dolores.

I would appreciate if you could help me clarify the following:

I've been catching up on some reading, specifically "SAP Solution Manager 400". On page 459 under Trusted System Users it states "For all client system actions in Change Request Management, users are required to log on by using trusted systems".

Does this imply that I must not use a user+password logon to my satellite systems? In other words, should my RFC for Solution Manager be a trusted connection? And if so, I would be suffering from a configuration problem and should resolve this by regenerating my RFC Destinations as Dolores advised in an email? In which case I would need the S_RFCACL as advised by Avinash which by definition is the "Authorization check for RFC users, especially for trusted systems".

Thank you both for your time.

Best regards,

Henry

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

Assigning to the users the authorization object S_RFCACL is neccesary only at the moment of this Trusted RFC connection creation, during the solman RFC configuration.

Once this RFC trusted connection to the satellite is created the users don´t need to have this authorization for being able to run the Change Request Management scenario that you states.

Once the systems solman and satellite are trusted them the user must not logon to the satellite again, this means that the user will logon to the satellite system with the authorization that this user has in this satellite exactly.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

As a first try go to smsy and in the RFC connection use the Check connection icon to check if the RFC connection to this satellite system is ok.

After check the authorization, ensure that you have created the same user that you are using for logon to solman system, check if you have created this user also in satellite system DEV client XXX and also in client 000 ( I am not totally sure that you need this user inclient 000 but test please), in solman and satellite XXX and 000 ensure that this user has sap_all profile.

If you still get the issue you know this is not an authorization issue at least.

Please update the message with this testing result.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer Dolores,

I can't seem to find RFC connections in smsy but I believe the RFC connections in sm59 are equivalent and in the latter I have already done a connection test with th following results:

Logon 12 msec

Transfer of 0 KB 2 msec

Transfer of 10 KB 2 msec

Transfer of 20 KB 2 msec

Transfer of 30 KB 2 msec

Also from here I've pressed the "remote logon" button (right next to the "connection test" button) and I succesfully open a new session with an initial logon screen to my DEV system. I also have the useres created since I have already gone through de development process (develop and release transport requests) and subsequent testing process logging on to each system through windows SAPLogon. The problem is when I try to logon using the action from the change document as well as when using the logon action directly from the tasklist.

best regards,

Henry