Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

https call from SAP SOAP client tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in order to call a webservice via https using the SAP SOAP client tool, I've done the following:

1. The Client cert field filled with my personal certificate from IE (pcert.pfx)

2. The Trust store field left as it was (cacerts file of the jre).

When calling the service I am getting

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

Very likely this is caused by setting 2.

Could anybody advise how to get an X.509 certificate of trusted root CAs? Any chance to export from IE or would one have to get that from a CA? File types required are ppfx or p12, which is strange since these contain private keys.

Much appreciated.

Rene Funke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

You need to include the full certificate chain in the p12 file. i.e. private cert and root CA cert. IE will not export the full certificate path with the private certificate unless it was imported into IE with this flag set. You could use Firefox to generate the pks12 file. It will include the full certificate path.

This private certificate (p12 file) should then be added to the truststore in XI.

Also, .p12 (pkcs#12) file format defines a file format commonly used to store private keys with accompanying public key certificates - not just private keys.

Hope this helps.

Bryan

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

You need to include the full certificate chain in the p12 file. i.e. private cert and root CA cert. IE will not export the full certificate path with the private certificate unless it was imported into IE with this flag set. You could use Firefox to generate the pks12 file. It will include the full certificate path.

This private certificate (p12 file) should then be added to the truststore in XI.

Also, .p12 (pkcs#12) file format defines a file format commonly used to store private keys with accompanying public key certificates - not just private keys.

Hope this helps.

Bryan