cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A Application Login

0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a question regarding the user login procedure within a WD4A scenario. We are new to the technology but would like to develop the following scenario:

1) There are users that will login to a WD4A application thru the Intranet with login screen and authentication using the browser, and there are users already logged in to the backend system SAP R/3 4.70 and calling the WD4A application without login screen (i.e. the authentication would have to be done in the background before calling the WD4A application).

2) The WD4A application retrieves data from the backend system via RFC, and also writes data back to the backend system via RFC. The user writing the data should be identified. Hence, RFCs should be user-specific, and not generic.

3) The WAS in place would be SAP NetWeaver 2004s 7.0 SP11 and the R/3 backend system SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70.

My questions would be the following:

A) What would be the best approach for the login procedure? That is, should we use logon ticket (having the user setup in each system) to access both ways with or without login screen depending on calling by browser or by SAPGUI and using RFCs?

Or would it be better to not authenticate on the WAS and using a custom login screen for browser access calling RFCs to authenticate the user maintained only in the backend system?

B) What would be the best way to call a WD4A application thru a SAPGUI transaction in 4.70? I've read that there are function module in 7.0 to achieve this which are not available in 4.70. Do I have to use the "call_browser" function module?

I hope that I did make myself understandeable and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for A) see the documentation on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/af/0489ce55002f44a8c927371bedf719/frameset.htm">security aspects</a>, the system login application mentioned in the documentation is recommended (via transaction SICF).

Note also the subject of url generation in a distributed Web AS - Web Dispatcher configuration.

As to B) the existing functions, such as WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE, are not officially supported. You can take a look at Andrey Alimov's two weblogs, but note that that's also not supported.

Regards, Heidi

Answers (0)