Did you mean: 

How to debug proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) i have created a data type , message type, message interface in XI system

2) i have generated a inbound proxy on that messae interface in R/3 system

3) now i have created a webservice from that proxy

4) i am testing the web service from the transaction wsadmin

5) i want to debug the proxy class in R/3 when i test the web service in wsadmin

can some one help how to debug? ( i tried put a break point in the class but it is not stopping there)

Thanks & Regards

Amarender Reddy B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog by Stefan Grube,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for updating me fast

but my scenario is to debug from wsadmin transaction

using the information in the blog provided by you we can check only mandatory fields not the optional fields.

Thanks & Regards

Amarender Reddy B

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i aint an ABAP'er so I am lost here

Lets hope someone can help.

or, drop a comment on stefan's blog he should be able to help.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a break-point in the method and update the system debug status by using '/h' from wsadmin...hope wsadmin a TC in r3(havent worked on this). this shud work. check it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

i have tried ur answer, but still i cant debug

when i run the webservice in wsadmin immedietely its going to debug mode but after pressing some F5, a browser opening ( where i enters my test data ) in that browser there is a button 'test' , when i click on that button, it shows the response.

when i click on the button the browser sends the data(that i enters) to R/3 system and the proxy class executed and the response returns to browser.

i want to stop in the proxy class. but i am not stopping ( i ahve a break point in execute_synchrounous method)

Thanks & Regards

Amarender Reddy B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

In XI go to WSADMIN and give /h. It goes into the debugging mode. Then you test your scenario and you run step by step and you see your values on the right hand side of your screen.

Do step by step rather all at once. Then I think you should be able to debug the webservice. Also I suggest you to post in ABAP forums also for quicker response.

---Satish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

amrender

if this is not working then u may need to test the proxy separately by writing a report program. use xml upload f/n module that will read the xml data into an internal table and from there u can have the classical abap debugging