Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog Installation/Landscape

raymond_wooninck
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently having the following landscape in place with regards to the SRM, MDM and SRM-MDM Catalog :

Server 1 : SRM 5.0 Running (HP-UX)

Server 2: Enterprise Portal running with MDM Content and SRM-MDM Catalog JAVA components (HP-UX)

Server 3: Standard MDM Server installation (Windows 2K)

We have configured everything according to the notes and guides (including the guide from Sudhendu Pandey), but when we try to configure the Search UI in Webdynrpo, the java components cannot connect to the MDM host and we are getting just the connection failed error.

My questions are :

1) Can we run with the above landscape or is it necessary to have the SRM-MDM Catalog Java components installed on the same server as MDM.

2) Do we have problems with versioning of the MDM server and the SRM-MDM java components ? We already replaced the MDM_JAVA_API with the correct one, but I do not have a newer version of the other api.

3) Do I need to configure anything on the MDM server to get this running ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

When you say connection failed error, were you able to get as far as keying in your MDM server in the UI config screen and selecting the loaded repository?

I had a problem logging into the UI config previously, which was caused by versioning problems between the MDMJAVAAPI and SRMMDMUI files. What I did was undeployed these files from java server and redeployed the ones that came with the support pack of which you installed your SRM-MDM.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Foh

raymond_wooninck
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Foh,

Apologies for my late reply, but I was travelling. Thanks for this tip. We were using the latest versions for the MDM Portal Content, but the API for the SRM-MDM catalog was different.

I have updated this API with the latest version (Patch 3 HF 1) and now I can logon to the MDM server and I see the MDM Repositories. However if I now try to logon to one of the repositories he gives me the same error that the Login has Failed. The user that I am using is the default one coming with the SRM-MDM repository (Admin).

Regards

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

If you're patching up your API, i would do the same for the MDM Server, both sca files (undeploy old and deploy new). You can try restarting your J2EE after that also.

Then start the MDM server, load a repository, and logon to the UI config with a user with the UI Config role assigned.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Foh