cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AckRequestNotSupported by JDBC?

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

My client has has an IDOC to JDBC scenario. The Partner Profile for XI is configured to receive ALEAUD messages. All of our messages are being delivered properly, but the ACK fails.

The <SAP:ACK> node contains this

<b><SAP:Status>AckRequestNotSupported</SAP:Status></b>

I've searched this forum and found similar threads and the summary seems to be that the JDBC adapter doesn't support acknowledgments. If you really need an acknowledgment it seems that you need to use BPM and a synchronous message to make sure the message was committed to the database.

Is there anyway to "coerce" the JDBC receiver channel, or the JDBC driver on the receiving system to send acknowledgments? Isn't the number of rows affected by a query essentially an acknowledgment?

<b>Supressing the Audit Message</b>

I know someone is going to suggest suppressing the audit messages altogether through IDXNOALE. I've read the "<i>How to.. Handle Acknowledgements for IDoc</i>" document. In fact, I've tried that technique and it works great. However, if there's a way to "coerce" the receiver's JDBC adapter into sending some kind of acknowledgment, I'd like to take that approach. If not, I'll simply fall back to suppressing the acknowledgment altogether.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I don't really want to incur the overhead BPM would add to this process.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without making a Synch call to the database, the answer is no.

The response in the case of Synch Call will be the number of successful operations etc.

Regards

Bhavesh