cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving SAP server to a new domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to move a set of SAP servers (windows) running in one network/domain to another network/domain. No other change is planned, the systems are going to remain as is.

I would like to know

- What might be involved in achieving this (I tried searching SDN and OSS, but wasn't successful)

- What precautions I should take (I do not plan any backup etc as the SAP servers themselves are not to be touched)

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

The recommended (And supported) method to so this is to perform a homogeneous system copy. Depending on the type od system you have you can use a DB Specific method (if ABAP only) or a combination of DB and Load based methods for a double stack system.

I would recommend you review the following

http:
service.sap.com\systemcopy

Regards,

David

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We did the same.. moving the servers from one datacenter to other [which mean different domain, hostname, IP, DNS]

It is very easy for UNIX servers compared to Windows.. You do not need to reinstall.

The impacted components are:

- DB: For Oracle, change listene.ora, sqlnet.ora, init.ora, init.sap, passwd file

- CI & DI: system profiles

- Printers: change in mass from SPAD

- Interfaces: All interfaces at the receiving end need to change the server details..

- Any ABAP programs which is storing files in appl servers hard coding the server name

- In system profiles, check for any parameter which is hard coded to hostname like helppath

And many more..

For JAVA system, you need change the hostname via offline config tool.

SAP only stores hostname, so you need to identify all the locations where hostname is hard coded during installation/configuration.

Also you need to check performance on new servers..

Let me know if you need any more information..

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this SAP Server is ABAP only?