cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Basic question on starting XI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

So far I have used XI (which was already installed and configured and server running) and have done mapping, design etc.,

However, now there is a new server (name of server is DM32583) on which they have installed netweaver. I want to see if XI is started and if not I have to start the XI server.

I logged on to this server and found the following 3 folders

1.saploc

2.sapmnt

3.scheduled

I don't know how to proceed further. Any feedback, or help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Prasad,

Go to Start --> Programs --> SAP Management Console

Go to Control Root --> SAP System --> <XID> <System Name>

Right Click <XID> --> All Tasks --> Start

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses

I have windows XP on my pc and can remote login to the server which has windows 2003 with Netweaver installed on it.

How can i make sure that XI is running on it.

If it is not, how can I start it.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add one more thing

I can access the enter prise portal by giving the following command

//dm32583:50000/irj/portal

But I dont know how to access XI from my PC since I don't know if XI is running or not.

If netweaver is running on server, does it mean that all the elements in Netweaver stack is running (including portal, Xi etc)

Hope some one can answer my question.

Thanks a lot

Ram

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Prasad,

To access XI from ur PC, try this link

http://dm32583:50000/rep/start/index.jsp

This would start XI at ur machine. If this link doesnt opens, then it means ur XI server is not working at present.

<i>If netweaver is running on server, does it mean that all the elements in Netweaver stack is running (including portal, Xi etc)</i>

We usually doesnt say that netweaver is running. Rather we say WAS is running. It is not necessary to install all the components of Netweaver on same machine. So it could be possible that XI is running and Enterprise Portal is not installed on that machine

<i>[Reward points if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Prateek.

You said that if the link that you have given doesn't work, then that means the XI server is not running. If so, how can I start it? I have seen the basic guys going to some GUI and selecting Start and Stop..But I don't konw how to go to that GUI.

Could u please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ram

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

u could not start XI server from ur machine.. u shud go to the machine where XI server is installed (Or take remote connection)... there u have to follow the steps that i had explained in my first post.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all the help

I appreciate it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the O/S?

Former Member