cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Copying of Carts to Particular Vendors

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have some vendors that are in the catalog. We also have some users that continue to create free-text carts to these vendors instead of using the catalog. By going through "Old Purchase Orders and Templates", users are able to copy free-text carts only. We would like to prevent them from copying these carts to specific vendors. Is this possible? If so, how would we go about it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

You can use BBP_DOC_CHECK badi on bus2121 to prevent user from using specific vendors.

I guess that your rule (i.e vendor not to be used) will be stored into a table ?

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to tell when a user is copying a cart versus creating a cart from scratch? We do not want to restrict them from manually creating the cart by going through "Describe Requirement". We just want to restrict them going through "Old Purchase Orders and Templates".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>What you can do you can hide this link "Old Purchase orders and templates" in this case, by using BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI BADI using SE18 Transaction, by creating a custom implementation in this case using SE19 Transaction.</b>

<u>If this does not help, hide the link by commenting the code in the corresponding HTML Template of the internet service - BBPSC01 using SE80 Transaction, so that this link "Old Purchase orders and templates" is not visible in this case.</u>

Hope this might suit your requirement.

Regards

- Atul

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't want to prevent users from copying carts completely. I just want to prevent them from copying carts to specific vendors.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Updated BADI Z_BBP_DOC_CHECK to include a warning message when catalog vendors are used on free text carts. Created a Z table of the catalog vendors.

We did not want to completely prevent the ability of free text carts to these vendors so they are only given a warning message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

We have an similar problem: We want to restrict the copy function to Catalogs that are able to be validated.

See also

Did you find a solution?

Please let me know

Kind regards,

Leonie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version and scenario are you using ?

<b><u>You can use Custom implemenation of the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI for the filter type - BUS2121, using SE18 Transaction.</u></b>

<b>For all those Shopping line items, where the Vendor is there are those (coming from Catalog items or Old PO items / Old PReqs, etc). If the user copies any line items having Vendor number there, issue Error message and don't let the Employee to order that shoppoing cart until and unless you are having only those line items which don't have any vendor associated with them (i.e. Free-text items).</b>

Hope this will help. Do let me know, incase you face any problems.

Regards

- Atul

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 4.0.

We are preventing users from copying carts from catalog vendors. But, those are treated as fixed vendors since the users are punching out to the catalog.

But, if a user creates a free-text order to one of the vendors we have in the catalog (instead of creating a catalog order), the vendor is "preferred".

Since our list of catalog vendors do change, I don't know how easy it would be to set that up in a program or if we would need to create a Z table listing those specific vendors that users cannot copy carts from.