cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS IS and TO BE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Can any one tell me wat is AS IS and TO BE process, Wat kind of information will be ther in AS IS.

Thanks

Annie

<Message edited by moderator>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Jyothi.,

AS IS is the study about the current business process,Every business has their own business process and SAP has its process like in to R/3structure ,that is the TO BE process, We consultants study the current business process that is AS IS study and map it in to the SAP That is TO BE process

REWARD IF HELPFULL

Narayana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

AS-IS Document:

AS-IS document format is provided to the core team member & it is expected that the core team with the support of consulting team fills the templete with as minute information as possible. The advantage of going to minute detail is that the probability of missing out information reduces, but not eliminated. The bases of TO-BE document is the AS-IS document.

Based on AS-IS Document, Consulting Team checks what can be mapped in SAP (based on the scope of project) i.e TO-BE Document & what are the Gaps. There may be some Gaps which the Core Team may agree to go-ahaed with, but there may be others which it may want the consulting team to plug these Gaps. These Gaps are recorded in Gap analysis. The configuration in realization Phase is done on the basis of TO-BE document.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jyothi,

As is to be is process carried out as part of ASAP in an implementaion and it includes many document and reporting templates, as well as examples that can be used to help determine implementation standards and procedures. Procedures for scope changes, issue resolution, and team communication need to be defined. AcceleratedSAP provides you with instructions, examples and templates to put these procedures in place.

One of the most important procedures to be defined in Phase 1 is how to carry out project documentation, in particular R/3 System design documentation. For information on project decisions, issue resolution, or configuration changes required at a later date, good project documentation is invaluable. The following types of documentation should be defined in this phase and maintained throughout the project:

Project deliverables

End user documentation

Service reports and documentation.

after a careful study of the clients business process ie is " AS IS " the deliverables are decided and they become the to be.

Pl reward if it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

In a broad term AS IS is the current working of the organization. i.e. how the org works outside SAP. And TO BE is the process documentation where we define how the AS IS can be defined or mapped in the system.

The 1st part i.e AS IS documentation is generally carried out by the power user / enduser of the Comp and the TO BE process documentation is carried out by the consultants.

Hope the above is as per your requirment.

Reward if it helps you!!

Rgds,

Ajinkya