cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi xi experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

i got one scenario like i have to send a flat file from 3 rd party to sap-isu.

here after successful transfer of file to SAP-ISU they want XI to send the processed file to one specified directory in sap-isu.

and my doubt is

if we make processing mode of filesend cc as archieve it will sned the file to the local directory in xi and thet tooif it read file siucesfully bit i want to place the file which is processed sucessfully IN SAP-ISU directory.

waiting for ur response.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Check this blog may be some help to you

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was already answered in your previous thread. You need a BPM for this.

The SAP-ISU system after succesfully processing the data must send a response back to BPM. After receiveing the response, send the file to SAP-ISU using a File adapter.

Steps involved in BPM

1. Receive (Asynch)

2. Transformation (conert source to RFC format)

3. Send (Synch) -RFC

4. Send (Asynch) -File

Regards,

Jai Shankar

P.S: Give some meaning ful Subjects to your threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

here iam not using BPM and my doubt is procesing mode archieve in sender file cc will send the file to local xi server but i want to send the sucesful file to sap-isu which is reciever.

waiting for ur response.

bye.

regards.

seeta tam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>here iam not using BPM

You need a BPM. You cant do this design with out a BPM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jai.

thanks for ur answer but how we can do this without a BPM and how we can archieve a file to reciever i.e SAP-ISU In my scenario.

waiting for ur answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you can't avoid BPM in this.also why do u want to archive a File on receiver side when u have already delivered? u dont have any archive option on receiver side

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bcoz the sap-isu side after recieving data from xi to BAPI and then posted to sap-isu screens.

they want the processed file to be placed in sap-isu direstory so that in future if there is any problem regarding the file transfer with client sap-isu side can use this file as their witness.

how we can do it without bpm bcoz they want us to do wiyh in small span of time.

waiting for ur answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

just use BPM,it will make ur scenario simple and u should be able to complete it in short span of time.

thanx

Ahmad

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seeta Ram,

Just a thought

Create 2 scenarios.

1. File --> SAP-ISU (Archive the file at some location)

2. File --> File scenario to transfer the file with filename (Archived filename) -- U should have FTP server on SAP-ISU

Here, in 1st scenario ur file will be picked up and archive would get created on the same server (FTP or NFS). Just as the archive is created, the 2nd active interface would pick up the file and transfers it on FTP of SAP_ISU.

<i>[Reward points if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks prateek

but in my scenario ia have to send file to SAP-ISU Through rfc adapter i.e iam sending flat file to SAP-ISU BAPI by RFC Adapter .

does rfc adaptet is going to arcive file in addtion to passing file data to BAPI fields ?

waiting for u r answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seeta Ram,

<i>but in my scenario ia have to send file to SAP-ISU Through rfc adapter i.e iam sending flat file to SAP-ISU BAPI by RFC Adapter .</i>

U could not send a flat file using an RFC Adapter. For sending a file u have to use file adapter. RFC adapter can only pass parameters to ur BAPI fields. So, there is no sense of archiving option in RFC adapter.

<i>does rfc adaptet is going to arcive file in addtion to passing file data to BAPI fields ?</i>

No, RFC Adapter could not do this.

So in my opinion, u have to go for the option i had provided or go for BPM.

Regards,

Prateek