cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating context attribute of the type Visibility?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts-

I am trying to creating a context attribute of the type 'Visibility'.

How do I do this?

In the drop-down list for the types that I can pick, I do not see one called Visibility.

Do I have to reference that type to the class 'com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility

' by putting this classname into the type field?

Thank you,

- Vik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can only select the type Visibility when you are in the Context of a View. It won't work in the context of a Controller.

Select "Dictionary Simple Type" then:

Dictionaries --> Local Dictionary --> com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions --> Visibility

Jeschael

ps. I know this question is old, but I could not find this answer on SDN. I have been searching for it for a day. Maybe it is of use to someone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

create a value attribute . then select the property type of the value attribute, select browse and select dictionary simple type.

under the dictionary a list of packages will be displayed from that select the package com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions

from that select the element visibility.

now you can set the visibility through this attribute.

hope this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

I guess you used the wrong class of Visibility.

The correct class should be com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.Visibility

but not com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility

I guess you have already solved the problem.

Cheers

Message was edited by: Jack Xiong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a value attribute (eg. vaVisibility)

2. For "type" property, click on the "..." button.

3. Select the "Java Native Type"

4. Click on the "Browse" button

5. Enter "WDVisibility" select the "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility"

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga and Santhosh-

I tried both your techniques but am facing many errors in Eclipse. Whether I assign the 'Visibility' type to my value attribute via 'Java Native' route or 'Dictionary Simple', I am getting many errors. The errors I am getting are exactly the same regardless of which these two methods I use.

I am copying the descriptions of the errors that I am getting in Eclipse below this message.

Thank you,

- Vik.

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field IContextElement._vaVisibility

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method getVaVisibility

_vaVisibility cannot be resolved

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument value of the method setVaVisibility

_vaVisibility cannot be resolved or is not a field

_vaVisibility cannot be resolved

_vaVisibility cannot be resolved or is not a field

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.WDVisibility cannot be resolved or is not a type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

It looks more like a classpath issue. Did you get the following jar file set in the classpath of your project NDS.

C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime\lib\_webdynpro_progmodel.jar

Check the project properties --> Java Build Path --> Libraries and see whether the above jar is included or not. If the above jar is not included then try to add the jar from the above path and try to build the component again.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh-

I checked the '_webdynpro_progmodel.jar' file and it is in the classpath of the project.

When I go the 'Dictionary Simple' route, I find the 'Visibility' type in local dictionary. As soon as I assign it to my value attribute and switch into the implementation view is when all the Eclipse errors pop-up. (BTW, going this route Eclipse finds the WDVisibility class in the package 'com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions')

When I go the the 'Java Native' route and search for WDVisibility, the type shows up (as class) and I can select it as the type for this value attribute. Again, its after I switch into the implementation view is when all the Eclipse errors pop-up. (BTW, going this route Eclipse finds the WDVisibility class in the package 'com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api')

Is there anything else you can recommend?

Thank you,

- Vik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

Goto the "Implementation" tab, right click click "Source --> Organise Imports". Check whether the problem goes or not.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh-

I tried to 'Organize Imports' but this did not help.

I am developing the application on JDT 2.0.9 and that is where I am facing these problems with wdVisibility as a context attribute type.

I pulled my project into JDT 2.0.11 and created a context attribute of the type visibility and there I did not encounter any such errors.

Thanks for your time,

- Vik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

We have only JDT2.0.10 & 2.0.11, Sorry I will not be able to test your scenario in our environment.

When you didn't get the any errors with NDS2.0.11, better upgrade or work with the latest development environment.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik

You can get the visibility properties in UI definitons.

Click on the properties of the attribute. Choose Dictionary simple type and Expand local dictionary.

You can see comp.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielement definitions.

expand this and you can find the option visibility.

select and click Ok.

Kishore