Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create the data from different view into tabstrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Could anyone please let me know how to create the data from different view into

tabstrip which is under one view.

Main View : under this I have creted one tabstrip(taxprofile) .

View2 & View 3 are two different views

Requirement : I want all the records which are there in view2 & view3 should come under Main view in tabstrip(taxprofile).

Thanks in advance ..

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Create the context in the Component Controller of the WebDynpro Component. Map the context of ComponentController to Views View1, View2 and View3 based on the requirement (required nodes). Map the context attributes which are bound to UI elements of View2 & View 3 to UI elements of Main view in tabstrip.

After performing some action and data is present is present in View2 & View 3.

Since we have used the same context of ComponentController or due to Data Binding this data will be automatically propogated to the context and if we use the same nodes in another view data will be autoamtically propagated.

Best Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh ,

Thanks for your reply .

I have already created the context in the Component Controller & Mapping also done .

Now I have records in View1 & View2 ...but I want these records should come in

tabstrip which under Main View .

Could you please explain more abt it..??

Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul.

In which wa<y do you want to display the records in ur tab strip?

What kind of records are u talking about? Are we talking about different context

nodes with different structures?

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sascha ,

1)I have created one view Profile View : Under this view tabstrips is there

Tabstrip : taxprofile

Under this tabstrip two tabs are there

1)Account Balance 2)Installement Plan

2) Views :

1)Payment details :

2) Taxprayer details

Requirement : Data which is there in Views Payment details & Taxprayer details should come under the tabs Account Balance & Installement Plan which is there in Profile View.

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As I understood you have 2 tabs under the tab strip TaxProfile.

If you would have created the TransparentContainer under the each tab and added the UI Elements below the each tab strip.

You would have created the context which is required for Payment details and Taxprayer details view in the ComponentController. Map the same node's attributes which is mapped in these views to Profile view and bind the attributes to the UI element.

After doing the above mentioned steps if we have the data in the Payment details and Taxprayer details view's elements/attributes, then if we visit the main view i.e. Profile view then data will be automatically propagated.

If you have already done the mapping and records are not coming then there could be some other problem. Could you please let us know some more information about what you have done.

Best regards,

Suresh

Message was edited by:

Suresh Honnappanavar

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If I understand you correctly, your data is being displayed properly in Views Payment details & Taxpayer details. Now you want this data to appear in your tabstrip also. For this you need to do the following:

1. Create a View container UI element in both the tabs of your tabstrip(so both the tabs Account Balance and Installment Plan will now contain a view container UI element).

2. Create a new Window and Embed your main view(the view which contains the tabstrip) in the new window.

3. Embed the two views - Payment details and Taxpayer details in the view containers inside the main view(from step2: The main view itself is embedded within the window).

I hope I am clear and this will solve your problem.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Viqar Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh ,

Thanks !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Using the Context Node and Attrubutes we can find the records. Please take the these elements under the Component controller so that these can be avilable on each and every view and Where ever you requireed you can access from the component controller.

Using Context mappying you can get every things what you need in Component controller.

Warm Regards,

vijay