Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS adapter and Websphere MQ availability issue

esther_camarero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer uses XI 3.0 and JMS adapter to communicate with WS MQ.

They have several MQ Server instances in separate physical machines, for availability purpose.

the intention is, in case of MQ Server failover, the secondary MQ Server try to connect with the XI-JMS adapter.

The question is:

Is this mechanism possible in an automatic way or is it needed some manual process or configuration of JMS adapter?. Also, is there any alternative more recommendable from the SAP XI adapter point of view?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

esther_camarero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help!

esther_camarero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh and Satya,

Very helpful your answers.

I have another question related with XI and JMS adapter. The scenario is several MQ nodes in separate physical machines sending and receiving messages to/from the same XI-JMS adapter (centralized).

Is this supported by XI-JMS adapter confguration? If not, does anybody knows an alternative way to implement it?

Thanks again in advance,

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Esther,

I have not worked much with the JMS adapters but if my understanding is correct you cannot have multiple entires for the Host in which the JMS adapter runs and so you might need to have a separate configuration scenari, i.e one for each sender JMS adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope we need not do any extra settings JMS configuration.Neither any thing to be done in XI side. Provided if you are an developer.

Its the risk of Administartors on SAP

And also Administrators of the Queuing systems.

Its the same old story, In order to queue/topic being connected to xi even at system crashes.

Same as for other database servers.

Regards.

sk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont think there is a direct way in XI where you can provide alternate server IP's in the JMS Adapters . You might have to do this manually.

regards

Bhavesh