Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic text in selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one requirement in selection screen. I have a parameter and one pushbutton in selection screen .

To the right side of the parameter, i need to display the text based on some manipulation in a internal in the program.

If I click on the pushbutton in selection screen , manipulations will be done in the program in a internal table. if the result is ok i need to display the text in the right side of the parameter otherwise no need to display.

How can I achieve this.

Urgent

Thanks

Saravana

10 REPLIES 10

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try in event, AT SELECTION SCREEN ON OUTPUT..

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi u can do this only with module pool easily.

with normal report i think its not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Write the code in the

AT selection-screen ON PARAMETER of the Button.

So when pressed on button, that code will do some process and the result will be displayed.

check it, whether it displays the text or not on selection screen.

see the doc

AT SELECTION-SCREEN - selscreen_event

Syntax

| { ON {para|selcrit} }

| { ON END OF selcrit }

| { ON BLOCK block }

| { ON RADIOBUTTON GROUP radi }

| { }

| { ON {HELP-REQUEST|VALUE-REQUEST}

| FOR {para|selcrit-low|selcrit-high} }

| { ON EXIT-COMMAND }.

Alternatives:

1. ... OUTPUT

2. ... ON {para|selcrit}

3. ... ON END OF selcrit

4. ... ON BLOCK block

5. ... ON RADIOBUTTON GROUP radi

6. ... { }

7. ... ON {HELP-REQUEST|VALUE-REQUEST} FOR

{para|selcrit-low|selcrit-high} }

8. ... ON EXIT-COMMAND

Effect

These additions allow individual evaluation of specific elements of the selection screens of the program. The information as to which selection has triggered the event is contained in the system field sy-dynnr.

Alternative 1

... OUTPUT

Effect

This event is triggered at the screen event PBO of a selection screen. In the event block, the selection screen can be prepared through assignments to the data objects of parameters and selection criteria and through dynamic screen modifications.

Note

The assignments to input fields in the event block AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT always affect the selection screen and overwrite the user inputs from previous displays of the same selection screen. Assignments in the event blocks LOAD-OF-PROGRAM oder INITIALIZATION, on the other hand, only have an effect at first program start.

Alternative 2

... ON {para|selcrit}

Effect

This event is triggered at the screen event PAI of a selection screen if the content of the input field of a parameter para or a line of a selection criterion selcrit was passed to the ABAP program. In the event block, the user input can be checked. Sending a warning or an error message in the event block makes the fields para and selcrit ready for input again.

No parameter that is defined as a radio button can be specified. For this purpose, the addition ON RADIOBUTTON GROUP is provided.

Note

If a user action takes place in the dialog box for the multiple selection of a selection criterion selcrit, the entries of the selection table are passed to the program, line by line. For each line, the event AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON selcrit is triggered.

Alternative 3

... ON END OF selcrit

Effect

This event is triggered after the selection table selcrit has been fully passed to the program after a user action in the dialog box for the multiple selection has taken place. In the event block, the entire selection table can be checked.

Alternative 4

... ON BLOCK block

Effect

This event is triggered at the screen event PAI of a selection screen if all the input fields of a block block of the selection screen were passed to the ABAP program. In the event block, the user inputs can be checked. Sending a warning or an error message in the event block makes all the fields of the block block ready for input again.

Alternative 5

... ON RADIOBUTTON GROUP radi

Effect

This event is triggered at the screen event PAI of a selection screen if all the fields of a radio button group radi of the selection screen were passed to the ABAP program. In the event block, the user input can be checked. Sending a warning or error message in the event block makes all the radion buttons of the block radi ready for input again.

Note

The individual fields of a radio button group are not passed individually and do not trigger the event AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON par.

Alternative 6

... { }

Effect

The event AT SELECTION-SCREEN itself is triggered as the last event of selection screen processing if all the input values were passed to the program. In this event block, all the user inputs can be checked. Sending a warning or an error message in the event block makes all the screen fields ready for input once again.

Alternative 7

... ON { HELP-REQUEST | VALUE-REQUEST } FOR

{para|selcrit-low|selcrit-high} }

Effect

The two events ON HELP-REQUEST and ON VALUE-REQUEST are triggered at the screen events POH and POV of a selection screen if - for the input field of a parameter para or one of the input fields of a selection criterion selcrit - the field help F1 or the input help F4 was called. Other selection events are not triggered.

In the event blocks, a self-defined field or input field can be programmed, which overrides any helps possibly defined in the ABAP Dictionary.

Notes

These event blocks can only be implemented for fields of the selection screen that are defined in the same ABAP program and not in a possibly linked logical database.

With the events for the field and input help, no data is transported between the selection screen and the ABAP program. As with general screens, suitable function modules must be used for these. The parameters and selection criteria changed for the input help are transported to the selection screen.

Alternative 8

... ON EXIT-COMMAND

Effect

This event is triggered if the user has called one of the functions Back, Exit or Cancel. In the event block, possible clean-up actions can be executed.

Example

In these executable programs, a standard selection screen and a further selection screen are defined. In the event blocks AT SELECTION-SCREEN, the inputs in the selection screens can be specially handled using the name p_carrid and the screen number in sy-dynnr.

REPORT demo_at_selection_screen.

• Global data

DATA: sflight_tab TYPE TABLE OF sflight,

sflight_wa LIKE LINE OF sflight_tab.

• Selection screens

PARAMETERS p_carrid TYPE spfli-carrid.

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF SCREEN 500.

SELECT-OPTIONS s_conn FOR sflight_wa-connid.

DATA s_conn_wa LIKE LINE OF s_conn.

SELECTION-SCREEN END OF SCREEN 500.

• Handling selection screen events

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON p_carrid.

IF p_carrid IS INITIAL.

MESSAGE 'Please enter a value' TYPE 'E'.

ENDIF.

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'S_CARRID'

ID 'CARRID' FIELD p_carrid

ID 'ACTVT' FIELD '03'.

IF sy-subrc = 4.

MESSAGE 'No authorization for carrier' TYPE 'E'.

ELSEIF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE 'Error in authority check' TYPE 'A'.

ELSE.

IF sy-ucomm = 'ONLI'.

CALL SELECTION-SCREEN '0500'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN.

IF sy-dynnr = '0500'.

IF s_conn IS INITIAL.

MESSAGE 'Please enter values' TYPE 'W'.

ELSE.

SELECT *

FROM sflight

INTO TABLE sflight_tab

WHERE carrid = p_carrid AND

connid IN s_conn.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE 'No flights found' TYPE 'E'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

• Main program

START-OF-SELECTION.

Reward points if useful

Regards

Anji

Message was edited by:

Anji Reddy Vangala

0 Kudos

hi anji reddy, he is asking how to display to the right side of the parameter.

is it possible with normal report?

or else he can do it by building the selection screen.

sreeramkumar_madisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try in

AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT. event.

Regards,

Sreeram

dustyplanet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

I was initially tempted to tell you to research this on your own, but I decided to give you a working copy instead ! Let's just say I'm feeling generous !

This can be easily achieved using the SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT statement.

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF LINE.
  SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT 5(10) tlabel.
  PARAMETERS: pa_out(10) lower-case.
  SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT (20) tvar.
SELECTION-SCREEN END OF LINE.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT.
  tlabel = 'Label'.
  tvar = pa_out.

To try the example, type some text into the parameter and press <b>ENTER</b>

Do remember to read more about this before using it !

Regards,

Dushyant Shetty

0 Kudos

Sorry I made a little boo-boo.... In the Code I posted, it should be LOWER CASE and not LOWER-CASE sorry

Hmm... I see a very similar code fragment posted 14 minutes after mine... interesting !

0 Kudos

Yeah,

Duhyant i was trying but initially i hv put the parameter field out of selection scrren line. so output was coming on next line.

So i tried with ur selection screen comment

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos

You're welcome Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out the folloeing:

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF LINE.

SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT 1(20) text-e01 for field p_matnr.

parameter: P_matnr like mara-matnr.

SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT 50(20) tlabel.

SELECTION-SCREEN end OF LINE.

SELECTION-SCREEN PUSHBUTTON /10(20) PUSH USER-COMMAND 'ABC'.

INITIALIZATION.

PUSH = 'PRESS'.

at selection-screen.

select single * from mara where matnr = p_matnr.

if sy-subrc eq 0.

tlabel = 'Material exist'.

endif.

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks

Sandeep