cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend UI components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am I correct that it not currently possible to extend existing UI components and add new properties/behavior. Are there any plans to support this in the <b>near</b> future. I mean, the whole concept of components is a bit useless if you're completely tied to the ones provided by SAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a pitty, but web dynpro lacks this possiblity. (in opposite to every other existing ui or web framework

For example:

if it is a must have to display more than one icon in a table column you can not use web dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes its true !

Abt extending UI components.. is there any development framework which supports UI component extension ? I doubt that part !

Not exactly an analogy.. but can u extend say , a html dropdown to do something else other than the standard ? (like add a label in front of dropdown)

If you are talking abt taglibs..

Its probably to bring a standard then going back to a mix of HTML tags /HTMLB and lots other...

Regards

Bharathwaj..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can easily extend JSF components, SWING components, Flex components, etc etc. In all our Java applications we've build so far, we <b>ALWAYS</b> extended the base UI components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As I said maybe to standardize.. !

Abt extns .. Oh is it ! I have no idea about how these extensions are ! In no position to comment further :).

Gud luc for better answers..

Regards

Bharathwaj