cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the JCO reference to an existing model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We had created a few models with the 2 - default (WD_model..) JCO references, now is it possible to change the references to a different custom /name without re-importing the models again ?

The issue for us is very critical because, we need to maintain unique reference for all the models under each application for the same server.

please let us know asap.

thanks

sathyanarayanan

Sandip Agarwal reply...

If you want to change only the JCO Destinations that your model refers to, then its very much possible to change their names.

But if the model stucture has got changed , then you should reimport that.

I guess, trying out the following steps for changing the names will work out for you.

1) For Medata Dest--

a) Click on the local disctionary stucture that has been generated by importing the model.

b) Click on the properties tab on the bottom right corner.There you shoulb be able to change the Metadata dest name.

2) For Application data Dest-

a) Right Click on model classes (model_Input & model_output) & then click EDIT.

b) Same Way, on the bottom right corner , Change whichever proerty you want to alter inlcuding the Dest Name.

In this way, you can mainten unique JCO references for all the models you are using in your project.

ReBudild & Redploy the entire project . Create the New JCOs Destinations in the content Admin & happily run your application.

Regards,

sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<< it works thank you - sathya >>>

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI sathya,

Nice to hear that its working for you.

Keep posting your queries , folks.

Regards,

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I'm facing the same problem which Sathya was facing.

I was trying to change according to your suggession. But, I'm not getting the property where to change.

Can you tell me more precisely. I'm using NWDS SP9.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

As Sandip mentioned, select the model in the dictionary type and click the "properties" tab. which will be next to your "Task" tab. If you are not able to find this tab.

Click the "Window --> Show View --> Properties" menu, you will be able to see the "Properties" tab. Which will solve your issue.

Regards,

Santhosh.C