cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing WebDynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forumpeople,

Yesterday I finally succeeded with building a WebDynpro application with database access to Oracle.

My code to access the datasource is in the wdDoInit of a view. I'm not using EJB projects or something else.

My questions:

Can I secure this application for multiple roles (Employee, Administrator etc)?

Is it necessary or recommended to use EJB projects?

Is it an option to use "WDClientUser.getCurrentUser()..." with several if statements as kind of access protecting?

Feel free to ask, also thanks for helping!

Regards, Adri

PS. I've seen the tutorial "Protecting access to the webdynpro Car Rental application..." (seems complicated..)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Create a applicatioprorty Authentication=true, If the application is Embed as iview in Portal, you can assign this iview to set of Roles or User groups.

No need of Using EJBs, If your Application is having Issues like Synchronization ,etc.. you may go for EJBs.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the main part of this problem by adding the sap authentication to the application. Thanks for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the tutorial I already indicated in my first post.

Problem is, they are using EJB projects, but are they really necessary to secure parts of an application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this objective

Adjust the Web Dynpro input screen according to the user’s authorizations.

Read this Info carefully , you will get Idea to Secuer Your Screens for Different roles

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is it possible to assign roles inside the application?

Because I don't wanna make separate applications for Administrators and Employees.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Then you need create Secure roles in wdp App

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f3/a64d401be96913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Securing Webdynpro Application</a>

Regards,

Naga