cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Store Element issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a data store element( in fact two data store elements ,one for adding to cart and other for clearing cart) ...i used the following procedure..

1)Add a data store element to the output port of table

2)Right click and select “Configure element” to configure its properties

3)Create a virtual field for the data store and enter the name of field

4)Click the connecting line to the data store, and name the event

5)Double-click in the Assigned Value column to display the Assign Value dialog box (Expression Editor) & create an expression that maps values from the table to the data store ...the expression i uesd is

<b>IF(CONTAINS(STORE@Items,@Sales_Region),STORE@Items,STORE@Items &(IF(LEN(STORE@Items)>0,'; ',''))&@Sales_Region)</b>

6)Create another data store

7)Rename the event

8)Map the value for the Assigned Value of the input field

the expression used is <b>" "</b>

9)On the Layout board, create buttons for activating and clearing the data store items

10)On the Design board, create a free-standing form called Cart

11)Define a virtual field to display the data store (cart) values and name the field

I want to pass the stored values to another query which has sales region as input variable....

I have created a link from the free standing form to the query and submitted (system action-submit)..

I want all the values in the free standing form to be submitted to the query and the query should get the report for all the selected sales regions...

Any help on this..

Thanks & Regards,

P.Navakanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have not had time to check out the attached model, but one thing which should be remembered is that there is only one data store for any model, in effect the data stores you have in your model are all the same.

Jarrod Williams

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't understand the issue, but you describe a complex thing, so that after reading I don't understand what do you want. When the values are in the datastore and you fire an event so that the query will be executed then you can reference to the values of your data store in the transition to the query.

Best Regards,

Marcel

PS: Maybe you can share your model here as gml, then I will have a look at it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Can i have your mail id ...so that i could send u the model as GML file....

Or is there a way i could share it on the SDN...

Rgds,

P.Navakanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navakanth,

I'll send you an email with then send me your gml file. I will publish it here in this thread.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I have removed your email.

Rgds,

P.Navakanth

Message was edited by:

Marcel Salein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I Have sent you the Model...I will explain u what is the purpose it was created for;

i have two queries( say Q1 & Q2 ) in my BW 3.5 System..Q1 has "Sales Organization" as input variable ( not mandatory) ...and retrives say sales group,open orders,open orders quantity etc...what i have done is i have used "Entry list" element for sales organization ..and used "Exception " ( created virtual field for open orders quantity) to display the results of Q1 in 3 colours( styles) ...for color 2 in the results of Q1 I wanted to select sales group from the results table of Q1 and put the collected sales group in a form( i used data store element)...and then submit the collected sales groups to Q2 which retrives the results of Q2 for that particular sales groups only....

Now ...i have found error in two places...

1)at the entry list... where iam able to see the list of sales organization for the first time of execution of deployed iview in portal.

2)at the data store ...where iam not able to pass all the values from the form to Q2

I think the possible issues should be at the Query level in BW system in defining the variables...( For the entry list issue)

or at defining the formula of the selected field...(for the data store issue)

Can you please help me on this issues...by looking at the model..

Thanks & Regards,

P.Navakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navakanth,

I have received it and will attach the gml file to this post. I will have a look tonight after work.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navakanth,

it seems that nobody has tested it with your file. I tried to import it in my system (we are on NW04s SPS10), but an error occurs. The GML file, which you have sended me is corrupt (an attribute is missing). I think there is something wrong. To verify this issue, please send me again the model as gml file.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navakanth,

now I could import the model, but some components seems to be corrupt. Maybe other SDN users can verify this issue. I will investigate this case tonight.

Best Regards,

Marcle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone help me in getting the variety of graphs and charts in VC

like speedometer...

currently we are using WAS 700 SP12

and am getting only 7 charts in VC

Regards

Taher

Message was edited by:

taher ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taher,

please open a new thread for this topic.

Best Regards,

Marcel