cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI

Former Member

HI,

We are supporting a 2 clients where one has sandboxes and other production system.

Is it possible to keep Sandboxes in one gui and production systems in another logon pad.

I mean i need 2 SAP GUI-logon pad on my desktop where one logon pad must contain only productions systems and another should contain only sand-box systems.

Is it possible? What setting has to be made?

Sugessions and Help is appreciated

Regards,

Magham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lars-erik_berg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It's not a problem to use several different SAPlogon ini files.

I normally have 3-4 saplogon opened at the same time because I use the Multiple Desktop and it can only handle one Session/Window, one Window for Development systems and one for Prod systems etc.

Set the following property for SAPlogon in section target.

Right-click on the shortcut and choose properties and copy the string to the Target location.

An example belove

"C:\Program Files\SAP\Frontend\SapGui\saplogon.exe" /INI_FILE="<Path>\SAPlogon<Description>.ini"

If you wan't a specific file for Bex use the environment variable belove.

SAPLOGON_INI_FILE = "<Path>\SAPlogonBW.ini

Regards

Lars-Erik

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No i think that's not possible, but you should ask the same question in the SAP-GUI forum....

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

what if we apply sap note: 38119

Regards,

Magham.

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Of curse, by using a parameter in the command line, you would be able to use different saplogon.ini files, but you will still use the same SAP GUI, and i doubt that you can use more then one saplogon at the time...

And again i think the SAP-GUI Forum would be the best place to get an answer on your question..

Regards

Rolf