Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Migrate SAPScript to Smartforms?

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i migrated PO form MEDRUCK into Smartforms....but i'm getting only the layouts(Windows) but there is no text or no data in any of the window... i read from a book if we migrate there will be text files which was there in SAPScript. Is it true..? or any config have to be done?

please send me the answer......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi friends,

thanks for all of you....but i didnt get answer for my question.... when i migrate i'm getting only windows....in windows nothing is there...not even text......so i want to know when you all migrate the text comes or you also jus getting the windows.....

can anyone send me the screen shots of migration......i need for MEDRUCK.....

rewards given for those who send....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

only the texts and winodws gets copied i.e. layout. BOX FRAMES cannot be copiedInternal tables need to be declared in global definition of the smartforms.Write the code in initialization tab of global definition & only keep the workarea values in the required windows .Tables are created easily in smartforms so you need to remove any table values,spacings which were used earlier in the script

Incase you are declaring the structure in driver programthen in case of smartforms you can paste the same in types tab of global definition.

These are main things you need to take care of while migrating from script to form.

Remember:.Only use conversion if your sap script is very simple and not a complex one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

checK the below document may be helpful for you

Here is the background info from SAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9d/9599386185c064e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Step 1. Access the initial screen. Choose Tools>Forms printout>Smart Forms (transaction SMARTFORMS) from the SAP Easy Access Menu. The dialog window SAP Smart Forms: Initial Screen appears.

Step 2. Name the form. In the Form Field, enter field name you want to give, for example ZTF_GR_## (based on your company standard starting with Z to identify this as a customized form, where “##” is the group number).

Step 3. Access the migrate function. Go to Utilities>Migrate SAPscript Form. In the dialogue window enter the SAPscript form name, for example Y_SAPSCRIPT_STD. Choose the Check button.

Step 4. View the migrated layout. On the screen that appears, the SAPscript form is migrated into a rough Smart Form . Click on Form Painter to see an overview of the form layout.

Use the following steps for mass migration or simultaneous migration of multiple SAPscript forms: Step 1. Run the mass migration program. In Reporting (transaction SE38), select the program SF_MIGRATE and execute it (Figure 3). Select the names and the language of the SAPscript forms and click the execute icon. The system creates the Smart Forms named for the SAPscript forms plus the extension SF. It displays a list of the migrated forms.

Step 2. Make changes (if necessary). To change and adapt a form, go to transaction SMARTFORMS. Then activate the changed Smart Form.

Once the SAPscripts are converted, whether in Smart Forms or Smart Styles, you should clean up any errors made during the conversion process, in terms of attributes, window alignment, or syntax errors. Cleaning up errors during conversion is often standard procedure, as SAPscript might have used local logic. Errors may occur when a field displayed is extracted or manipulated to display and doesn’t exist, or fields exist but appear with no values. Errors may also arise in ABAP syntax.

Step 1. Define the Import Parameter. Double-click on the Global Settings> Form Interface from the navigation menu

Step 2. On the Import Tab, enter the import structure information. For example, enter Parameter Name (table name, such as LIKP), Type Assignment: Type, Reference Type (table name), Optional (or Mandatory); Pass Val: (Passing value indicator). This must be done for all the data retrieved from the SAP tables.

Step 3. Remove irrelevant or unnecessary windows. To delete a navigational menu node, right-click on the node, and select Delete. Since you start with windows in SAPscript, there might be redundant windows created for text.

Step 4. Set the first page. Delete the NEXT page node on the menu tree. Double-click on the first page node. In the General Attributes tab, change the Next Page value to FIRST.

Step 5. Delete the DETAIL frame window. Expand the MAIN window and delete all its text nodes.

Step 6. Adjust the text nodes. Click on the text nodes and let the system fit the text.

Step 7. Save and check the syntax.

<b>plz reward points if helpful or if it solves ur query.</b>

Thanks

Chinmay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.when ever u r changing the form u have to call the smartform form u r driver program..

2.u have to configue the output type in NACe if u r usng message control.

3. check in NACe whether u have configured or not.

to call the smartform u have to use like this..

CALL FUNCTION 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'

EXPORTING

formname = fp_c_formname

IMPORTING

fm_name = fp_v_fm_name

EXCEPTIONS

no_form = 1

no_function_module = 2

OTHERS = 3.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE e107 WITH fp_c_formname.

ENDIF.

CALL FUNCTION fp_v_fm_name

EXPORTING

archive_index = toa_dara

archive_parameters = arc_params

control_parameters = fp_st_control_parameters

user_settings = space

output_options = fp_st_output_options

wa_vbdkr = fp_st_vbdkr

IMPORTING

job_output_info = l_it_ssfcrescl

job_output_options = l_it_ssfcresop

TABLES

it_item = fp_it_item_final

EXCEPTIONS

formatting_error = 1

internal_error = 2

send_error = 3

user_canceled = 4

OTHERS = 5.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE sy-msgty NUMBER sy-msgno

WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4.

ENDIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SAP provides a conversion for SAPscript documents to SMARTforms.

This is basically a function module, called FB_MIGRATE_FORM. You can start this function module by hand (via SE37), or create a small ABAP which migrates all SAPscript forms automatically.

You can also do this one-by-one in transaction SMARTFORMS, under

Utilities -> Migrate SAPscript form.

You could also write a small batch program calling transaction SMARTFORMS and running the migration tool.

Please close the thread if problem is solved. Reward if useful

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As found in forum -

Smart Forms provides a migration tool for this purpose which migrates layout and texts of a SAPscript form to a Smart Form. It does not migrate SAPscript form logic of the print program. Using Smart Forms, this logic is described by the tree structure of the Form Builder. The effort involved in migrating it depends on the complexity of the print program.

Regards,

Amit

reward all helpful replies.