cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure Adapter for different environments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wanted to know solution to a pratical problem. If a communication channel is created by configuring a adapter, how is the configuration managed for different phases of the life cycle i,e when it goes from development to QA to Production. A adapter may need to be configured differently depending upon the environment it is in. I hope one doesn't have to change it every time it is taken from one environment to another. Is there any concept like properties file in XI?

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the new QA Environment you would have exported the Configuration from the Dev and then imported it into new QA environemt.

So need not create comm channels. They are exported and imported in the new environment.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

when u move objects from Dev to QA and Prd,u need to change few things in CC,like the sender/receiver directory(for File adapters),URL for HTTP adapters,user creadentials like user id and pwd etc,

once u import the config objects in QA,those fields will be empty and u need to fill them up.

as Chilla pointed out there is some dynamic configuration too but to be frank i never tried it:)i do all the changes manually

thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In general the Same evironment should be in both Dev and QA and also in Prod .

Whatever we developed in Dev environment , if you transport it to QA , the same should work, similarly in Prod also.

We have certain fecilities like cutomising the Communication channel with the Communication Channel Template.With this we can configure as per our needs.

Eventhough it is not sufficient to meet your BS requirement , then we need to have

Dynamic configuration see the below link for more details

Dynamic configuration in adapter modules - /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/10/05/dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules

Dynamic Configuration of Some Communication Channel Parameters using Message Mapping -

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Regards

Chilla