cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ignore the error message when creating an interface mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am new to XI, and now try to finish the simple senorio to transfer an Idoc into XI then to be saved into a file.

When I create interface mappings I got the following message:

===================================================

Check Result for Object IF_ORDERS_FILE Mapping program Message Mapping msgMAP_ORDERS_FILE | http://bruce.com does not match request target message IDoc ORDERS.ORDERS04 | urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages. Target message Message Type MT_ORDERS_FILE | http://bruce.com of the message mapping is different

===================================================

I can't understant the above clearly, can I ignore the mssage? The imported IDOC has many fields but I only create an simple datatype to create a message type then create a message interface. I can create messsage mappings correctly(Using F7 to check).

Thanks for your help ahead!

Bruce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The yellow exclamatin mark is for informatin and red one is for errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah,you are right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruce,

I think you are not giving exact IDoc and the File message type. Somewhere you are giving as wrong. In interface mapping once when you select these two you will always have the message mapping seen.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

Yes, I think you are right, after selecting two, the message mapping should be seen, but in my case, NOT even if Now I can pass the test for interface mapping. ,

So what is your point?

Thanks for your time ahead.

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>but I only create an simple datatype to create a message type then create a message interface. I can create messsage mappings correctly(Using F7 to check).

u dont have to create any data type,message type or message interface for IDOC,also the F7 wont test ur message mapping,to test message mapping u need to test it under test tab

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your so fast response.

Actually now I am trying to finish the senario documented in "A Beginner's Guide to XI Settings" which file can be found in SDN.

I got the message when creating 'interface mappings'. I tried to test as you said, and then also get some error messages.

Maybe I don't need finish all the steps written in the doc but how can I simply store the received Idoc into a file?

Thanks for your time ahead!

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yeah,for IDOC scenarios u need to do some configuration steps in R/3,XI and SLD.

once you are done with those steps then follow the blog i send u in my previous post and your scenario should work fine

all the best

thanx

Ahmad

Pl:Dont forget to award points and close the thread:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Some one changed the password now I used my user name and password so I passed the test as you said, and got the following:

09:45:43 Start of test

Call method execute of the application Java mapping com.sap.xi.tf._msgMAP_ORDERS_FILE_

Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_msgMAP_ORDERS_FILE_ completed. (execute() of com.sap.xi.tf._msgMAP_ORDERS_FILE_

Executed successfully

09:45:43 End of test

But the error message is still there.

Maybe I can ignore the message.

Thanks for your time ahead,

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

if ur getting an error in Interface mapping then definitely its a error and u should not ignore it,u can only ignore warnings but not error message.

can u tell me what interfaces ur using in ur interface mapping,it looks to me that ur interfaces are not correct

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

The message is marked by excalmatory mark, not a cross mark, so it should be a warning message. I read your blog( It is great), and got that your mapping program is of the type XSL, while mine is of the type 'Mapping Message'. BTW in my case I only simply put the file into the fold.

But now I can't let the interface mapping work in Configuration:Integration Builder when creating Receiver Determination, that is, the interface mapping can't be assigned.

Do you think the warning message can be ignored?

Thanks for your time ahead.

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

did u activae ur interface mapping in design?

secondly u dont have to give any interface mapping in receiver determination,it has to be given in interface determination and by the way did u select correct business system in Receiver determination?

and a Yellow Exclamation mark is information not error.

thanx

ahmad