cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get any message or hints in XI after some IDOCs are sent into XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am new to XI.

I try to send an IDOC from an ERP system into XI system then simply save it into a file in XI.

I created an technical system and business system in SLD of XI, and created an port of ERP system and passed all the tests abou RFC, and used SLDCHECK to check SLD successfully.

At this point I want to ask an question:

After I sent an Idoc into the port directed to XI system successfully( I checked the status of Idoc it was sent to port successfully) can I watch any message in XI? If so how can I watch?

Actually I nearly finish the design and configuration, I can import Idoc successfully and create data type, messages interfaces, massage mapping etc.

If because I didn't finish all the configurations in XI how can I check where I made some mistakes?

Thanks for response ahead!

Bruce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce

Go to the Transaction SM58 in your R3 system and see the log. Does it contain any error?

Normally, after triggering an IDOC from we19, if there is a problem in the RFC destination used for posting the IDOC, the error will be logged here.

You can see the Idoc Message using the Tcode IDX5.

for IDOC-File Scenario see the reference given below

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

• Reward Points if found useful **

Cheers..

Vasu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use TCODE SM58 in R/3 system to watch IDOC executing if having any errors ( If IDOC can be transferred into XI you can't find the sent IDOC here.) and Use TCODE IDX5 to watch how XI executes the received messages. Please remember many docs to tell us we need define business system for R3 in SLD, but don't tell us we must assign business system in configuration. We must know the defined business system in configuration: integration build will be used as Sender.

Message was edited by: Bruce

Bruce Hu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruce,

You need to do some settings from R3 to XI to get an IDoc into XI. check you have done all this or not with the help of this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

Once when you send the Idoc then you should see the Idoc in XI.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

have a look at the following

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

>>If because I didn't finish all the configurations in XI how can I check where I made some mistakes?

well as ur configurations is not yet finished u cant check the whole message flow but u use F7 to check the basic syntactical errors and u can test message and interface mapping by using the test tab

thanx

ahmad