Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am currently using CUA on one box and I decide to move CUA to another box do I lose the user assignments if I turn CUA off?

Example:

I set up my CUA on the Solution Manager box because the QAS and PRD servers are not ready yet. When the QAS box is ready, I will want to move CUA to that box. If I turn CUA off, and try to move it to another box, do I need to start over on the configuration?

What needs to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karl, I have read the documentation you referred me to and my answer to my question is not there.

Whenver moving your CUA from one location to another, do I need to start the configuration all over again?

If I have CUA in QAS and I want to move CUA to my prod box, can I transport my configuration, or do I need to start over?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you look at documentation : <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/ed591f9ff00343952f11a7b707f28a/frameset.htm">Operating Central User Administration</a> You will find information about removing and defining.

Is always in your childsystem, and you got to remove, and then define the new CUA.

hint; Remember that CUA has to be on the latest level of WAS.

eg; CUA on WAS 7.00 and childsystem on WAS 6.40 is ok,

CUA on WAS 7.00 and childsystem on WAS 7.00 is ok

But CUA on WAS 6.40 and childsystem on WAS 7.00 is not ok(it may work, but SAP says "do not")

best regards,

Karl Yngve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karl, I have read the documentation you referred me to and my answer to my question is not there.

Whenver moving your CUA from one location to another, do I need to start the configuration all over again?

If I have CUA in QAS and I want to move CUA to my prod box, can I transport my configuration, or do I need to start over?

0 Kudos

You will have to redo some of your configuration, I never done a CUA move before, but have done enough configuration to know that you will need to redo majority of them. Look at it this way, CUA has communication between the "client" and "central" system, if you change your "central" system, you will need to update all the configuration to point to the new system, because your logical name change, your RFC connection need to be updated. You distribution model logical name need to be updated.

Some of the post setup process will be easy, because your new Central system has all the user master.

I would recommend you delete all your child CUA setup, and start the CUA configuration again. Will be easy to troubleshoot if you run into problems. CUA config is pretty easy to setup, so it's not a lot of work.

In short, you will have to start over.

Have fun.

Lye

0 Kudos

Doug;

Yes you got to start the configuration all over again, but i hope that you have made a documentation for installation of CUA?

But make sure that all Idocs from the CUA master is processed.

Remove CUA setup using report RSDELCUA (note 197728)

br,

Karl