cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ascertainment Horizon in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to test the Ascertaining Pl.Ind.Requirements heuristic (SAP_PP_014) in PP/DS.

I have set a Ascertainment Horizon value of 5 in the product master under pp/ds tab for my material. When I run the Ascertaining Pl.Ind.Requirements heuristic (SAP_PP_014) in Production Planning Run I get a list with Planned Independant Requirements outside the Horizon I defined. Why is the system not respecting the horizon I have defined in the Ascertainment Horizon?

I have not modified any of the Ascertainment Period setting within the Heuristic they are all default.

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe what is set i the product master is the ascertainment horizon as opposed to the ascertainment period

in the heuristic settings check what is the setting in checkbox for <i>Use Offset for Requirements Ascertainment Horizon Too</i> , <i>Offset for Opening period</i> and <i>Requirements Ascertainment Interval</i>

"If the ascertainment period is to end with the ascertainment horizon, do not enter an ascertainment interval.

If you also set the <i>Use Offset for Requirements Ascertainment Horizon Too</i> indicator, the ascertainment period ends the number of workdays after the ascertainment horizon specified under Offset for Opening period"