cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for Developers in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

What are all the necessary roles to be provided for a developer in XI system other than those of mentioned below.

SAP_SLD_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_DEMOAPP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_ABAP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

And do we have to creat in user in UME for use in XI system in administrator's prospective.

Thanks in advance.

Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for roles for XI dev have a look at this page:

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

>>>>And do we have to creat in user in UME for use in XI system in administrator's prospective.

no, you don't need that

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mate, Thank you very much for your quick reply.

In my question if you see the roles I mentioned are actually taken from that site only. I am wondering, I may need to add any more roles to user who need to carry out development activities in XI system. Because, with the above roles, developer is not able to get access to ID (Configuration part) without Configurator roles. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Farooq.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Because, with the above roles, developer is not able to get access to ID (Configuration part) without Configurator roles.

if you're developer will also do the ID part then you also need ID roles

but it's not always the case in very large projects

so you need to find out if you they will need ID access or not

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks again. In our project Developers need access to IR, ID and RWB. In ERP Genie site, he mentioned that with the devloper roles he may get access to RWB component, I am not able to get access to RWB.

Can you plase tell me that what roles I need to add in extra to above roles to give access to IR, ID and RWB.

And one more thing. with the above roles I am not able to logon to neither IR nor ID. Its saying that no authorization to logon. Please advice.

Regards,

Farooq.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/de/c4/51104159ecef23e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

use: SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR to access RWB

also check other roles and thier descriptions on that page

is that what you need ?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

aaaaaaaaaa..almost there..I will check and will answer you back....Thank you very much for your time in answering my question mate. I appriciate your knowledge.

Regards,

Farooq.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no problem

let me know if it works

Regards,

michal

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As developers will often have lock problems and stuff, it is a good idea to give SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR role.

Also, since they will probably also have to define/update Products/Software component versions and also Technical/Business systems, it is a good idea to give SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR role.

And finally, if you want them to be independent to perform relevant configurations in Visual Administration, give SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role.

There you go.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal and Henrique,

I almost got it done. Thanks for the help mates :-).

Cheers,

Farooq.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem at all.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)