cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ICEFaces framework for AJAX application developing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just want to deploy my ICEFaces AJAX application under WAS Server. But I got an error like this.

500   Internal Server Error
		SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 

Application error occurred during the request procession.
  Details: 	

Error [com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebServletException: Error in dispatching request to servlet [/Entry.iface].], with root cause [java.lang.NullPointerException: null].
  The ID of this error is 
Exception id: [0011D8E195D9004A000000220000443D0004300CF28EE1DD].

For same deployment archive, I drop to the JBoss server it works perfect. For all other pages in standard JSP, also can be loaded without any issue. I think the reason is that AJAX pages (JSF pages with ICEFaces components) cannot be handled correctly like other JSF pages. Any idea what the error is?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using NW 7.0 or NW CE? Please go through my blog about Icefaces implementation in NW CE.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID1189703550DB01062042479314071414End...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer. We will try new SAP WAS Server as you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All:

We talked with ICEFaces, there is an issue for ICEFaces framework initialization, they are working on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, we have been working on this at ICEsoft. We found that ICEfaces was not being properly initialized due to ServletContext.getResource("/") returning null, which we call in a custom servlet on startup. Apparently SAP has provided a fix for this in Service Pack 19 for WAS 6.40 which should resolve the problem. We're also fixing this on our end for unpatched versions. Our fix should be in the next release of ICEfaces 1.6.0.

You should also note that there's a potential issue with double-compression. In ICEfaces you can use a setting to force the framework to gzip all resources. NetWeaver isn't checking that these resources may already be zipped and can rezip them, ending up sending double zipped files to the browser. The key is to make sure that they're only being zipped onces. ICEfaces 1.6 defaults to zipping resources, so you can turn this off in your web.xml if using NetWeaver:

<context-param>
<param-name>com.icesoft.faces.compressResources</param-name>
<param-value>false</param-value>
</context-param>

Thanks,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek:

I double checked the code in my JSF pages, it seems no problem for the same build EAR file I put into JBoss and it works well. For I'm using the ICEFaces framework for AJAX processing, I wonder if the replaced Faces Serlvet not correctly under WAS Server.

Anyway, I will double check the code again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

out of my knowledge this error "Error in dispatching request to servlet " comes normally where there is an error in the lifecycle methods of servlet, in your case its the JSP.

just check that some object is getting null in the JSP.

regards

Vivek Nidhi