cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added a field to the Categories table. The field is of type Lookup [Flat].

If I am in Record Mode, with the main table selected, and I start selecting search parameters, the lookup field values for the Categories do not change.

Does anyone know why?

I'm using SP4.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I tried your scenario with MDM SP04.

I followed these steps...

1. Created a field in Categories table of type Lookup [Flat] (Say LT).

2. In Data Mgr, I added some value (say V1) in the lookup table LT.

3. I added a new item (Say C1) in the categories table and selected the value V1 for the lookup field.

4. Now selected the Main table, added a new item by selectins value C1 for the categories field.

5. In the search parameters I can see the lookup value (V1) for categories field and can do all possible search.

It is working fine.

The search parameters for the main table are the values associated to the main table only. I guess you are confused in this part.

You want the record of the look up table of categories also in the search parameter of Main table. Am I right?

Please try adding a new entry in the main table by selecting value for the categories field which contains a value for its look up field.

Try and let me know.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add multiple values to the lookup table LT.

Go to the main table and select these values in the search parameters. The category treeview will change but the record counts are wrong. I think it's a bug.

I'll try to put screenshots somewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

[Removed by moderator.]

The second item in the Records pane should not be listed. It's category lookup field, Publishing Status, is defined as "Do Not Publish - Released".

Is this a bug?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to see chnge in values then parallely you have to populate the table with data which contains those values.

Then refresh the data manager.

If its working tell me or explain ur problem in some detail.

Regards

Himanshu