cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Buttons in select options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WD4a development team,

is it planned to integrate radio buttons into WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS in future releases?

Cheers,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

There had been serious deliberation regarding what to carry over (reimplement) in WD select options compared to dynpro select options. Selection fields got in (obviously), dropdowns and checkboxes as well (not so obvious). Parameter fields got added in SP13 due to much demand by developers, although we felt that adding something that's already defined within Web Dynpro (with more properties and options) doesn't add much further value.

Anyway, for the same reason originally Radiobuttons didn't make it as well as Tabstrips. Both are not based on range tables and the latter one can easily be added around the component from outside.

Shortly said, if we add all kinds of ui elements available in Web Dynpro to the select options component, we will end up with recreating portions of the Web Dynpro runtime while having ppl asking for keeping things in sync or extending them all the time. For anyone who develops Web Dynpro applications that's not desireable at all (you will be dependent on SAP all the time). Instead, we felt that we should empower the community instead to add whatever is available as an ui element. So it seems to be a lot more desireable to add some break-out places inside of SelectOptions where developers can add their own ui elements.

This in turn means that parameter fields have highly likely been the last addition to SelectOptions in terms of new specialized screen item types.

Of course, the break-out screen item type is just an idea for a future enhancement. So I can't make a commitment nor provide an eta.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Thanks for the answer. I agree with your statements.

Unfortunately I have to recreate some reports that make use of radio buttons, but

I guess I can realize this using the drop down element of select options.

I just was curious.

Cheers,

Sascha

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Yes, using a dropdown will work. As an alternate, you could also use two select options components insert the Radiobutton in between.

Best regards,

Thomas