cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client & server proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , what r client and server proxies. and what is the difference between adapter communication and proxy communication. and on what basis we decide to go on which communication?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

when ur sender is either ABAP or Java proxy,its called as clinet proxy and when ur receiver is either ABAP or java proxy,its called as server proxy.

one basic condition to use ABAP proxies are that ur WAS>=6.4,proxies are adapterless communications and a lot of times are considered to give better performance that adapters

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for u r reply and can u tel me under which situation we go for proxies...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

>>>can u tel me under which situation we go for proxies...

when standard adapter doesn't solve your purpose and you don't want to develop your own adapter, then we will go for Proxies.

regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>when standard adapter doesn't solve your purpose and you don't want to develop your own adapter, then we will go for Proxies.</i>

>>>the assumption is not exactly correct. It depends on the requirement.

Before this, it is better to understand the proxy definitions etc..

You can use proxy objects to communicate with SAP systems and java based systems(uses Java Runtime Environment)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/91/de56456be146e791bf88188306aa57/content.htm

e.g: If you take example of ABAP proxy, this is used to communicate with SAP systems (with WAS 6.40 and above), The main idea here, XI can directly communicate with the SAP application systems natively. Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay murty,

basicly client & server are just diffrent terminology for sender and reciever (client being the sender and server the reciever), proxies are basicly program that begin in one SAP system and continue running at nother SAP system (with control ultimatly return to the original system).

it's a good way to create your own application "envelope" to activate any code you want and that is both its strong point and weak point (maintanance and flexability),

hope it helps,

Uri Lifshitz.