cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with very first run WebDynpro App.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

Does someone can explain to me next fact. I have tried to finish My First Web Dynpro Application and everything was fine until deployment. The IDE that I use is SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio ver. 2.0.19 and it comes without SAP J2EE Engine, so I installed SAP NetWeaver Application Server, Java EE 5 Edition but it brings Developer Studio without WebDynpro for Java Perspective.

My questions are:

1. Which SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio should I use for WebDynpro for Java development?

2. Which SAP J2EE engine should I use?

3. Is there possibility to deploy WebDynpro Application on SAP WAS Java EE 5 Edition.

4. Is there any tutorial which explain how to configure SAP J2EE Engine to work with SAP NetWeaver Develper Studio, is it necessary so far?

Thanks very much for your time and effort to clarify my doubts.

Best Regards,

Aleksandar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksander,

your NWDS is a NW2004, so your engine should be the same version. It does not run with Java EE 5 Edition, that's why you can't open the Web Dynpro perspective.

If you install the engine on your local machine, you can easily configure the engine. Window - > preferences - > something like SAP J2EE engine.

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for your time and effort, but honestly speaking I am getting confused which patch or file I have to download and install. When I try to download SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 there are bunch of files and I do not now from where to start. Can you give me a hand where to start, which file to download.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Aleksandar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using 2.0.14 and it has WD perspective.

Try: Window -> Open Perspective -> Other -> WebDynpro.

Regards