cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone tell me where do i go and create my RFC destinations in SAP R/3.

Is it possible to invoke a transaction in R/3 from webdynpro

thanks & regards

reuben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi reuben,

You can make RFC destination to connect SAP R/3 to Webdynpro using SM59 transaction. In that you have to create RFC destination of type TCP/IP.

It is not possible to call any transactions of R/3 from webdynpro. But u can make one custom RFC and from that RFc u can call transaction in background mode to complete your requirement.

Data transfer between SAP R/3 and WAS server can be done only using RFC enabled function modules.

I think it will help you, and let me know if any queries.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks bhavika.Is there no other way i can acheive this.

regards

reuben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi reuben

It is not possible to do it directly. You can create a SAP Transaction iview or an Internet Application Component iView. the latter requires a ITS to be configured.

Let us take SAP Transaction iView for our case.

1. Create a SAP Transaction iView

2. Enter VA03 as your transaction code.

From your WebDynpro create a button say "Go to VA03". Then use the WDPortalnavigation api and just use navigateAbsolute method to this SAP Transaction iView. You can also pass parameters to this iView.

This is just an idea of how you can implement it.This makes use of SAP GUI for Windows or SAP GUI for HTML depending on what u select at the time of creating the iView. But i would advice you to take the RFC approach.

Let me know if you require more information.

regards

ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The transaction code for creating RFC destinations in R/3 is "SM59".

What do you mean by "Invoke a transaction in R/3". Are you asking a background or foreground mode.

Do you mean saving data using a BAPI/RFC or making a call to a transaction like "VA03" from SAP R/3 pop up.

If you are trying to do the latter it is not possible and i dont understand what requirement could that be.

Anyway do let me know.

regards

ravi