cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender to start Sync/Async Bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to start a Sync/Async Bridge calling RFC. When importing RFC into Integration Repository, by default it creates two Message Type for request and response (RFCNAME and RFCNAME.response).

My scenario is configured as follows:

<b><u>Integration Repository</u></b>

The starting step in BPM is configured with an abstract synchronous interface (output message is RFCNAME and input message is RFCNAME.response).

<b><u>Integration Directory</u></b>

<u>Sender Agreement</u>: sender service is R3 business system (from SLD), interface is the RFC program name (not an interface).

<u>Receiver determination</u>: sender service is the R3 business system, the interface is RFC program name, an as configured receiver the BPM.

<u>Interface determination</u>: In the configured inbound interface for the receiver (BPM) I configure the abstract synchronous interface

My problem is that when calling the RFC, the outbound message is received into XI but does not reach BPM: NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC. Can you help me please?

Thank you,

Gari.

(Sorry for my english!!!)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Check the status of your BPM in SXI_CACHE. Is it in 0?

2. Check in SXMB_MONi what the sender service, sender interface and sender namespace is. Is this the details for which you created the Receiver Determination?

3. Make sure that all your objects are activated,.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

The sender interface and namespace were wrong, but now the error is diferent. Error: BPE_ADAPTER - UNKNOWN_MESSAGE.

Thanks again,

Gari.

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gari.

Take a look at your company test XI Box (SAPWXIN). I've developed there some examples, one of them BPM with SYNC RFC.

Good luck.

Inigo.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue looks like the message does not confirm to any cotainer variable you have created in your BPM.

Open your BPM in IR and do a syntax check by pressing F7. Does it geive any warning etc?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think my scenario was not well explained.

I call RFC from R3 system, that RFC must query data to an external database through XI <u>synchronously</u>. When I call RFC from R3, a BPM (sync / async bridge) starts and the result of the BPM execution must be returned to RFC again synchronously. Is it posible?

Thanks a lot,

Gari.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course it is possible. Some considerations, though:

1. you said that receive/send steps of BPM are configured with RFC and RFC.Response messages. However, by default, the RFC interface cant be used as Abstract Async. You have to explicitely create those abstract async interfaces. Have you done that?

2. What extra steps do you have in BPM? I mean, you dont need to create abstract interfaces based on message type of RFC. If you have the message type of your receiver, you can perform mapping outside of BPM, and all abstract async interfaces could be done refering to the receiver message types.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)