Did you mean: 

Question on Asynchronous Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Tell me which of this is true

In SAP XI in async communication

1. We don't have a response message

2. We have a response message but we don't get it immediately(in that case how to check for this message)

I am asking this question because in normal programming(C#, Delphi etc) usually async communication means that the server will respond after it is done with processing and then throw a event which the client catches it and provides a handler for that event.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sonia,

your comment totally makes sense, because literally asynchronous means "not at the same time". So, an asynchronous communication should mean a message which is sent but whose response is not sent right away.

Also, strictly speaking, in any EAI-like program, to develop an asynchronous communication means to develop two 1-way communication. Of course, for a server system to send back information to a client system, there must be, in some point of time, an event generated by client system requesting that information (apart for some exceptions, such as the scheduled automatic scenarios, for example).

Hence, in EAI typical vocabulary, the action of developing an asynchronous communication means developing 1-way integrations (1 or more).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

async -> you don't get a response immediately or never (one way)

async with response -> you will need a bpm with correlation to determine the source message

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far as async interface concerned it doenst carry a response message meaning that it doen not respond back. only forward communication. but as far as sync message is concerned it carries a request and gets back response...2 way communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Synch--> 2 way

Asynch--> 1 way

Regards

krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>> Hi all,

> Tell me which of this is true

> In SAP XI in async communication

> We don't have a response message</i>

This is the correct meaning of Asynch Communication in XI. No responses ever. Guranteed Delivery and ability to restart messages,

<i>> 2. We have a response message but we don't get it

> immediately(in that case how to check for this

> message)</i>

This is incorrect.

Regards

Bhavesh