cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location determination in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the picking location using shipping point, plant and shipping condition. But when I create a delivery the location specified as picking location is ignored. But when I specify storage location in sales order, the storage location is getting copied into delivery. We are not using warehouse management system.

Is there any way to get the picking storage location from configuration to delivery rather than from sales order. This required because the material exists in 2 storage location. The first one specified in the sales order for availability check and we do a tranfer posting to the 2nd location and do picking and PGI from this location.

Please help.

Regards,

Beena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

Just check weather the Shipping condition is maintained in the customer master.

Otherwise there is no chance that the system will ignore the picking location in Delivery as the Shipping point & Plant will be determined in Sales order itself.

Hope it works.

REWARD if it helps!!

Rgds,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

The shipping condition is maintined in the customer master. but still it is ignoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

Just to take a chance check weather in the determination of storage location you have mentioned the shipping cond is to be used??.

Rgds,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

I have used shipping point ,plant and shipping condition to determine the picking location and assigned MALA rule to the delivery item category. The customer has shipping condition assigned to it and the sales order shipping point and plant. in the delivery the picking location is not getting determined. But when I manually input the storage location in the sales order, it is getting copied to delivery order.

Regards,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

just check the configuration using OVLP t-code. Here enter the item category that is determined in the Delivery document and check weather you have selected the Determine Sloc field.

Hope it works.

REWARD if it helps..

Rgds,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya and Ari,

I have activated the determine storage location indicator for the delivery item category and it is relevant for picking.

Regards,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena!

First of all picking location is determined based on shipping pointplant stroage condition( not shipping condition). But you can assign anly one stroage location there.If you want another st.location cheange it in the delivery doc.

Stroage condition is assigned in the material master >plant data/ stro loc tab page. Try it. and reward points if realy useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

beena,

pls mention the storage location required an and the rule in OVLP

pls do mention the storage condition in material master

i hope it will wrk

regards

Monti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you say that Plant, Shipping point and Shp.condition are getting determined in the sales order, then there is no chance of SLoc not getting detr.

Just a wild guess........Is your delivery Item category activated for 'SLoc determination' . Which Item category are you getting in delivery.

Ari