Did you mean: 

Theme Editor in NW2004 sp 19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every Body,

I need your Help ,

I am building a project in web dynpro for Mobile ,

I am using NW2004 sp19 ,

I want to design my project in a customized colors and not with the defaults of the NW, I read in the forum that there is a theme editor in the sap portal , the question is how can a theme that was built in the sap portal theme editor can be used in the NW developer studio ??? !!!

please Help me

Morad Zeidan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in the page that does not open , it's query string mieght have other parameters,

so try to add at the end of the url : &sap-cssurl=....

(i mean add the & sign)

hope it helps ...

Morad Zeidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI guys,

We are currently experiencing an error with our Portal related to this sap-cssurl. I am helping our Portal team try to resolve this issue.

We have several external links defined on a portal page. For one particular link, this cssurl "tag" is being added onto the end of the specified URL and is causing the website not to open. The "tag" is also being added to the other links on the page, but is causing no errors for those websites. I'm new to Portal, and do not know how to disable this "tag" from being added onto the end of the URL. From what I've understood from your previous thread, this "tag" causes the URL to open with a specified theme, but we really don't care if the window opens with the theme or not.

Does anyone know how to disable this?! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morad,

You can use your created theme for a particular NWDS application. For that you have to do following things.

Steps to create theme specific WebDynpro application:

The following steps will guide you in making your WebDynpro Application dynamically take up the theme specified by you:

1. Create a property file

Create a property file with its key as, say <b>sap-cssurl</b> and its value as: http://<Host-Name>:<Port- Number>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/ tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/<theme project>

2. Import the Property File

Import the property file to : < project name>/src/configuration/Applications/< application name>, via the navigator in the NetWeaver Developer studio.

3. Create Exit plug

In the Web Dynpro application’s interface view, create an exit plug with a parameter named "Url" of string type.

4. Write the following code in the onPlugDefault method of the Interface View Controller

In order that the application on being deployed takes up the specified theme , write the following code in the onPlugDefault method of the interface view controller:

String cssParam = WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter ().getRequestParameter ("sap-cssurl");

if (cssParam == null)

{

try

{

// access the deployable object part of the application you are currently in.

WDDeployableObjectPart currentAppPart = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart();

// get the URL of the application (deployable object part).

String appURL = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL (currentAppPart);

// access the property file under the deployable object part.

IWDConfiguration cicConfig = WDConfiguration.getConfigurationByName (currentAppPart, "<name of property file>");

// get the string value of the property.

String cssKeyValue = cicConfig.getStringEntry ("<key of the property sheet>");

// append the application URL with the value obtained above.

String themeAppURL = appURL + "?sap-cssurl=" + cssKeyValue;

// fire the exit plug with the above obtained value as its string parameter.

wdThis.wdFirePlug<name of exit plug>(themeAppURL);

}

catch(Exception e)

{

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(e.toString());

}

}

5. Rebuild and deploy the application.

Rebuild and deploy the application. The property file of your application is created as a property sheet in:

Visual Admin-Configuration Adapter/webdynpro/local/<project name>/Applications/<application name>/Property sheet.

-

hope this will work for you----

thanks & regard,

Pankaj Shandilya

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use a url parameter "sap-cssurl" to specify the css file created by the theme editor this has to be URL encoded as well.

sap-cssurl=%2Firj%2Fportalapps%2Fcom.sap.portal.design.urdesigndata%2Fthemes%2Fportal%2Fcustomer%2Fcorpcolpal%2Fur%2Fur_ie6.css%3F6.0.11.0.210

sap-cssversion=6.0.11.0.0

the way you can get the url to you theme is to view the source of a page that uses the theme (look for the <link rel=stylesheet href="..."/> ) one of these tags contains the stylesheet url for your theme

the %2F is just the url encoding for /

so you can append this parameter to your url and if right it will pick up your theme.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mordan

You can configure different kinds of themes in portal. When I create your own theme,

you have to asign it to the portal desktop. The portal desktop is asign to users.

You can configure that users can choose theme, or assign to user only one theme, for

example your custom theme.

You can't directly assign theme to the webdynpro application.

You can create theme by portal - go to System Administration -> Portal Display

Or you can download plugin for NWDS(sdn.sap.com -> Downloads -> WebAS ->

Eclipse Theme Editor for NetWeaver 2004)

Check out documentation :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/bb7a3b688d3c1de10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Jakub Krecicki